Crock Pot Blueberry Crisp – Packed with blueberries and oats, this simple, super delicious Blueberry Crisp is made right in the crock pot!
Whoa-ho-hooooaaa! I ♥ today’s recipe!!
Hey Hey, buds! THAT is a dessert in the crock pot! This is where we’re headed today – welcome aboard!
Ain’t this dessert the perfect way to start your Monday? I hope so! Totally fits in with the whole Meatless Mondays movement. And you won’t have to trade in your bikini for a two-piece – this Blueberry Crisp swings toward the healthIER side of things.
By now, you probably all know that I am obsessed with cooking in the crock pot, but I had yet to try a dessert using my all time favorite appliance.
Well wait. Not quite entirely true because there’s that Crock Pot Creamy Banana French Toast I made for us a while back and that should most definitely count as dessert. Breakfast-dessert, if you will.
Aaaand, now that I think about it, I’ve also made a cake in the crock pot…
Okay so scratch the above. (Forgive me, it’s Monday)
Honestly, though. It would seem that you can throw just about anything into a crock pot (slow cooker?) and end up with superb results.
Let’s get right down to it. This is something you should make if you like blueberries, sweet options, and a cool (as in temperature) house. Check, Check, and Check.
I have always loved blueberries, especially when they come in a delicious cobbler/crisp form, but cranking up the oven in the middle of a crazy-humid 102-degrees-summer? Ugh! Just ain’t my thing. But what do you do when you end up with 5 large wooden crates of berries? Exactly. We make a Blueberry Crisp.
First you’re going to layer a bunch of blueberries on the bottom of your crock pot. THEN! You’ll sprinkle some sugar on top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Next, you’ll mix up the dry ingredients, layer them over the blueberries and tah-dahm! Fin. Finito. Terminado. Kraj.
PS. There’s oats in there. It’s healthy.
PSS. There’s some butter and light brown sugar in there, too. It’s healthy for the soul.
Find a minute, or couple of hours, and make this! Impress them all at your next gathering with your version of a slow cooker dessert. It will be our little secret!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Crock Pot Blueberry Crisp
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4- cup regular oats (not instant!)
- 1/2- cup light brown sugar
- 1/2- cup white whole wheat flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter , room temperature
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Layer the blueberries on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Stir in sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, light brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the butter and cut it in with two knives or a pastry blender; cut and blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the blueberries.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 30 minutes, on LOW for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 30 more minutes.