Crock Pot Creamy Banana French Toast – Full of amazing flavors, this French Toast is loaded with bananas and it’s baked in the Crock Pot. Much easier than slaving over the stove!
Um. Is it Friday, yet?!
Oh my, yes it is! The week is wrapping up and we can finally start Fridaying! Although, I’ve been Fridaying since Wednesday because Indiana is out of commission. We’re freezing, schools are closed, snow is coming down hard and I thank GOD for Netflix, the internet, extra computer(s), and Facebook. And Pinterest.
I don’t know what’s more exciting – the fact that it’s Friday or the fact that you could have this amazing banana-loaded french toast for breakfast tomorrow morning!
Or or or! Let’s do French Toast for din din! Err. For brinner! It’s my favorite meal of the day.
Seriously, though… THIS should totally be your dinner.
I threw this in the crockpot at nearly midnight one night last week because I was feeling unprepared. With Christmas fast approaching (allow me to remind you for the umpteenth time, I celebrate on the 7th of January), I felt as though I wasn’t ready for the day OF or for the day before AND for the day after. I was all kinds of crazy. You know how it is…
What I’m sharing with you today is only the breakfast that I served on Christmas morning and the breakfast that I’m madly in love with. No joke, I think I have made this forty-plus times in the last year… I basically inhale my portion the moment I remove that lid from the crock pot, singed taste buds and all.
This is good stuff. Really good. It’s creamy and sweet and all around delicious. You can make it with other things too, like um… blueberries? Or peaches!? Whatever you want. No big deal.
Must I really tell you more to convince you?
If you are looking for a quick, no-fuss, dang delicious breakfast (who ISN’T looking for quick and delicious? duh.), consider giving THIS a try! Hit that print button and call me in the morning.
- 1 (10-inch) stale (a day or two old bread) French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4- ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 3 to 4 bananas , sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into thin slices
- Honey , optional
- Lightly grease a 6.5-quart (or larger) crock pot with cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of all bread slices and arrange slices in a single layer on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer banana slices over the bread slices. and sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Arrange butter slices over the top and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs using a whisk or egg beaters.
- Add milk, honey, cinnamon , nutmeg and vanilla extract; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- The liquid should not cover the bread slices, but it should come up about three-quarters of the way up. If it's less than that, add more liquid.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Remove lid and, if not using immediately, set the dial to "warm".
- Transfer to plates, drizzle with honey and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 18
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy