These homemade Blueberry Scones with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting are light, fluffy and topped with turbinado sugar. These easy blueberry scones are delicious as breakfast or dessert!
Fresh Blueberry Scones
What. a. week! Welcome back, Friday!
Man! I feel like ah … bear waking up from hibernation(?)
Being stuck at home for several days definitely has its ups – sleeping-in because the entire State is shut down, chillin’ in your PJs until noon, catching up on your favorite shows, etc… But, of course with those ups come the downs. Or, in fact, it was just one down – boredom. And with that boredom, the inevitable happens – eating everything in sight because I am bored.
I chose not to be bored, and not to eat because I was bored. Instead, I baked and baked and baked… and made the others eat! I made double chocolate pancakes, blueberry scones, soda bread, pasta from scratch, and bacon-wrapped everything. I hope I get that wife and mom of the year award…
Look at the Hubs! HA!
These are the best blueberry scones I’ve ever made! Creamy and moist, each bite is packed with juicy blueberries and sweet cream cheese icing. These scones are baked to perfection and are a delicious treat that needs to be added to your brunch or breakfast menu.
And, you know what? NO butter in this recipe. I kept those calories for the nice helping of heavy whipping cream and the cream cheese for the frosting. You’re welcome…? 🤷♀️
The Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting Is Delicious On Everything
While we were stuck inside, listening to each other’s thoughts, we were also dipping these amazing scones in an awesome blueberry cream cheese frosting. This stuff is da bomb! I mean, it’s so simple and sweet, you’ll want to dig in with a spoon. We did. Of course.
You know what else is great about this recipe? It’s a weekend recipe. It’s a Saturday & Sunday morning recipe. Think about it, who doesn’t want to wake up to homemade scones on the weekend? Exactly.
After inhaling the scones, I found myself making another batch of the frosting… I also hid it from the rest of the fam. I kinda ate it, all by myself. Thank the Lord that the scale and I are not on speaking terms. Because, winter.
You don’t have to believe me, BUT you should – once you get a taste of these scones, you will jump for joy when it’s time to make breakfast on the weekends!
Blueberry Scones with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar, (raw sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and grease with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, cream, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir cream mixture into flour mixture and mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Flour your work area and turn out the dough.
- Sprinkle dough with more flour.
- Divide dough into 3 portions.
- Pat down each portion of dough to about a 6-inch round.
- Place on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Cut each round of dough into quarters.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; whisk until combined.
- Brush each scone with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on low for 30 seconds; continue to beat on high for 1 minute, or until mixture is creamy.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Serve with scones.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.