Very Berry Baked Oatmeal – Nutritious and delicious baked oatmeal chock full of irresistible juicy berries and toasted nuts. Make it ahead and reheat portions as needed.
This baked oatmeal transforms ordinary oatmeal into something extraordinary! Prepared with berries and nuts, make some right now and you’ll have a ready to go delicious breakfast for the rest of the week!
Hi, friends! Can you believe it!? Just like that, Monday is back. SO dang fast!
We celebrated Easter over the weekend so you can totally understand my need for one more day in between Easter Sunday and Monday morning. All that food yesterday didn’t eat itself, you know… I need to continue to sleep it off.
Which brings me to my next point: if there was ever a time that I needed a heart-healthy, oat-berry packed dessert/breakfast/meal, today would definitely be that day. This breakfast goodness is my secret for stepping my way back into the “real world food”.
Would it be OKAY of me to just say that this baked oatmeal is THE BEST? But it’s true!
This baked oatmeal recipe is full of all kinds of goodness: from fresh berries to oats, toasty almonds, and honey.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS BAKED OATMEAL
- The beauty of what’s before us is that you can basically make it however the heck you want with whatever berries and nuts you happen to have on hand. And if frozen berries is all you’ve got? No worries, those work just as well. No need to thaw.
- You will also need some rolled oats, obvi. Eggs, brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, and some cinnamon, and nutmeg, too.
- One thing totally worth mentioning is that this pretty breakfast can keep in the fridge for days in a covered container, making it possible to bring out your best morning-self even when you’re on the run and need to eat in the car. Which is something I NEVER do… ahem.
- You can also prepare this the night before and slide it into the oven first thing in the (Mother’s Day) morning!
Like how I slipped that in there? P.S. Don’t forget yo’ mama this coming weekend.
Therefore, for anyone who’s headed to a Mother’s Day brunch this weekend; have so much fun, love your Mom, make her happy, and please do find time to make this for her the night before. JUST DO IT! She will lurrrrve it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE VERY BERRY BAKED OATMEAL
Nutritious and delicious baked oatmeal packed with irresistible juicy berries and toasted nuts. Make it ahead and reheat portions as needed.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4- cup honey
- 4 to 6 cups mixed berries , divided (if using strawberries, cut them in half)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3- cup light brown sugar
- 1/4- cup slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla and honey; set aside.
Arrange half of the berries on the bottom of the prepared dish and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and light brown sugar; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Top berries with the prepared oat mixture.
Pour the milk-mixture over the oats.
Arrange remaining berries on top.
Add slivered almonds over the entire mixture.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the oats have absorbed all the liquid.
Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
Serve immediately OR cool it completely, transfer to a plastic covered container and keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- Serve immediately OR cool it completely, transfer to a plastic covered container and keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- You can also prep the baked oatmeal the night before and pop it in the oven the next day.
NUTRITION PER 1 SERVING
WW SmartPoints: 9
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy