Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole – Easy to prepare, make ahead breakfast casserole chock full of hearty bacon, ham, cheeses and spinach. Prepare this the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Warm, cheesy and delicious!
Meet my Christmas morning winner! Ain’t she a colorful beauty? LOVE HER!
Hi Hi Hi!! Waz upppp? How are things? Are you still shopping!? I am happy to announce that I did it ALL yesterday AND I came out alive. A whole 10 hours later…
I can’t believe it took that long. But, you guys, no joke, I have sore muscles today. All that walking while carrying 15 bags really did a number on me. I haven’t worked out that hard since… well, last Christmas!
If shopping was a sport, I’d be the fittest person of ever. You, too? YAHS!
…and I would eat an entire casserole dish of this breakfast casserole every Sunday… ♥
Though the holidays are a perfect time to enjoy this hearty breakfast casserole, really, it’s perfect any time of the year. You could even whip it up in the morning, place it in the fridge and have brinner ready that night. My favorite meal of the day!
Chock full of bacon, ham, spinach, feta cheese and eggs, this is my life saver on Christmas morning because this will feed a crowd. It can serve between 6 to 10 people, depending on how hungry your people are, but definitely the perfect option for around the holidays since you only need to spend about 10 minutes in the kitchen putting it together the night before. Then, wake up, pop it in the oven and just let it bake!
This Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole will satisfy everyone at the table, believe me. I haven’t had one complaint, yet.
ALSO? This is an awesome option for leftover ham! Wooot!
Have a great Sunday!
- 8 slices bacon , cooked to a desired crispness and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese , for topping (optional)
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk; whisk the two until well blended.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon, ham, spinach, cheeses and ground nutmeg; season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add the bread; mix it all until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into previously prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, if you are using the cheese topping.
- Cover the casserole with foil and refrigerate it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 50 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the top is puffed and golden brown.
- Let it stand for several minutes before serving.
WW SmartPoints: 7
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!