Slow Cooker Veggie Omelette – Get your Christmas Day started right with a delicious and simple breakfast omelette cooked in the crock pot! Place all ingredients in the Slow Cooker and fuhgeddaboudit!
You guys! HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! This is happening all too fast. I haven’t even decided on my outfit!
You know the difference between many of you and me? I’ll tell you!
MY official Christmas Eve is on January 6th. I have enough time to think about that outfit. Buuuut, that’s not to say that I won’t be joining you all with a huge Christmas Eve Dinner tonight.
You better believe that I also have a Bacon and Cheese Brussels Sprouts Casserole to nibble on, Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti to taste, and that Coffee and Chocolate Almond Toffee to devour.
Also, and just to be fair to you all, I’ve got “1” Christmas present to open up tomorrow. I’m leaving the rest for the 1st of January. Macedonian tradition is to open up your presents on New Year’s Day. However, and speaking from experience, I bet we will open up all of the presents tomorrow morning…
So to ease my Christmas morning, and to free up my stovetop and oven, Mr. Crock Pot is used for our breakfast/brunch menu while I clean up the gift-wrapping mess.
Side note: Two or three years ago I decided to make a Christmas Punch in the crock pot instead of breakfast-food, and everyone chewed my head off! They loved the punch, but were looking forward to a cheesy omelette.
This omelette is pure, simple, savory goodness. Simple is the key word. Everything gets thrown into the Slow Cooker and you just come back 2 hours later to eat it. This is especially great for those people that like to get up at 4 a.m. to get started on the food. I’m looking at you, Mom!
People… that’s just too early. Sleep IN!
….then freak out, as I do, when you see it’s 9 a.m. and you’re still in bed… aaaand Church Service is about to wrap-up.
Get your Christmas started right with this Veggie Omelette; set it, go to Church (or Walgreens), come back and voila! Breakfast is ready!
Don’t forget the Pomegranate Mimosas. They are best at 11 a.m.
Have a wonderful day and a very Happy Holiday! Merry Christmas!!!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2- cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder , or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- fresh parsley
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder; using egg beaters or a whisk, beat the mixture until mixed and well combined.
- Add broccoli florets, sliced peppers, onions and garlic to the slow cooker; stir in the egg-mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Start checking at 1 hour 30 minutes. Omelette is done when eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Cut the omelette into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and fresh parsley.
WW SmartPoints: 4
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy