Hashbrowns, Spinach and Tomato Pie is the perfect addition to your Easter Brunch Menu!
Look at me! I’m getting all ahead on the Easter Menu. That says a lot for someone that waits last minute to get a Holiday recipe up on the blog.
If you can remember, we talked about that stunning dessert, my mom’s Almond Layer Cake with Whipped Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting on Monday, the Easter Cookie Cups last Friday, and today we’re discussing Easter Brunch! And a delicious brunch it will be!
This pie, or quiche, or omelette… anything goes… is going to make you all kinds of happy! Which reminds me – I totally skipped over the Easter lunch/dinner-thing! I’ll work on it. Pinky swear!
Apparently, my love for potatoes continues. Sliced, stuffed, shredded – I don’t discriminate.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
After a delicious stare down with a bag of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes that I picked up at Walmart, I realized that I hadn’t shared my super tasty Hashbrowns, Spinach and Tomato Pie on zee bloggy. How could I forget?? It’s SO GOOD! And easy!
Normally, we spend Easter morning at Church, thus when we get back, I want to whip up something quick and easy for brunch, and not obsess about what we’re going to eat. On a side note – Me, not obsess?? I make joke. Truth is, when it comes to Holiday entertaining, I love to cook and bake, but I prefer making it a little easier for myself so that I don’t spend the whole day in the kitchen… Therefore, enter pie plate, Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, eggs, cheese, spinach and tomatoes. My super-stars!
A quick saute of the spinach and tomatoes; a crust made of shredded potatoes; and an egg mixture to pull it all together. 30 minutes later you will have a beautiful, savory pie to enjoy, together with family and friends.
This recipe will satisfy everyone at that Easter brunch table – the protein-seeker, the carbaholic, the greens eater, AND your aunt that’s sensitive to gluten. Might as well double the recipe and serve it for dinner, too. Just an idea.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE HASHBROWNS SPINACH TOMATO PIE
- 2 cups Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes , thawed
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 3 to 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg , or to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press down the Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes into the pie plate.
- Bake for 9 minutes; remove from oven top with 1/2-cup shredded mozzarella and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and spread over prepared hashbrowns.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over spinach and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella over the pie.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SMART POINTS: 6
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy