An easy and beautiful cocktail featuring pineapple juice, coconut milk, and sparkling wine, these Pineapple Dole Whip Mimosas bring tropical vibes straight to your kitchen!
Easy Pineapple Cocktails
When the weather warms up, my thoughts turn to the tropics. (To be fair, my thoughts turn to the tropics a lot in the winter, too!) Pineapple this, coconut that, mango everything, am I right? I love tropical flavors, and pineapple is definitely one of my absolute favorites.
That’s why I’m in L.O.V.E. with this super simple, ultra flavorful twist on classic mimosas: Pineapple Dole Whip Mimosas. These cocktails are a combination of sweet, cold pineapple juice, a creamy splash of real coconut milk, and sparkling prosecco.
What is a Mimosa?
Mimosas are simple and beloved cocktails, and for good reason! They’re easy to make and they are sweet and delicious. For a classic mimosa, all you need is orange juice and sparkling wine. You just pour the wine (champagne is probably the most well-known option, but I prefer prosecco) into a champagne flute or tall glass, and then top it with an equal amount of OJ!
It’s the perfect easy cocktail for any occasion, and with the orange juice – or in this case, pineapple juice – it’s especially popular for a festive brunch.
What You’ll Need
This pretty pineapple cocktail tastes like a tropical paradise, and it comes together with just a few simple ingredients. You’ll want to make it every weekend!
- Pineapple Juice: Have ready one cup of pineapple juice. You can usually find this alongside the other fruit juices at your local grocery store.
- Coconut Milk: For this recipe, we’re using ⅓ cup of regular coconut milk, not canned coconut milk.
- Prosecco: This delicious sparkling wine is like champagne’s more casual cousin! It makes a terrific mimosa, and it’s often more affordable.
- Whipped Topping: You can use whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, or whatever whipped topping you like.
- Pineapple Wedges: For garnish.
How to Make The Best Pineapple Cocktails
This pretty drink is very easy to whip up at a moment’s notice. For easy pouring, I like to use a small pitcher instead of a bowl for mixing, but it’s not necessary!
- Chill Glasses (Optional): This step isn’t crucial, but it is nice! If time permits, place 4 to 6 champagne flutes or glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes. Take them out when you’re ready to mix the drinks.
- Make Pineapple Coconut Mixture: In a mixing bowl or pitcher, combine the pineapple juice and the coconut milk; whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Evenly divide the pineapple juice mixture between the six chilled glasses.
- Top with Prosecco, Whipped Topping & Garnish: Pour the prosecco gently into each glass; careful, it may foam over if you pour too quickly. Top each cocktail with the whipped topping of your choice and add a pineapple wedge.
- Enjoy! Serve the mimosas immediately.
Tips for Success
Making mimosas is as easy as can be, but there are still some great tips and tricks for jazzing up the basic recipe. Read on, and enjoy!
- Know Your Coconut: While canned coconut milk and coconut cream are wonderful in a lot of recipes, for this recipe you’ll need regular coconut milk from the refrigerated section. It has the right texture and light, sweet flavor to perfectly pair with the other ingredients.
- Add Some Color: For a bit of color and extra fruity flavor, place just a spoonful of crushed or puréed strawberries or raspberries in the bottom of your champagne flutes, and then pour in the mimosa mixture.
- Virgin Mimosas: To make a fabulous non-alcoholic version of these pineapple cocktails, use your favorite sparkling beverage. Sparkling grape or apple juice is a nice option, or use sparkling flavored water in just about any flavor!
What to Serve with Pineapple Cocktails
You probably think of brunch when you think of mimosas, right? I know I do! I love brunch. Seriously. LOVE. Love. It. But, mimosas also go wonderfully with a picnic lunch, dessert table, and more! Here are some of my favorite recipe ideas to go with this refreshing drink.
- Brunch: Serve up your pineapple cocktails with a sweet batch of Sheet Pan Pancakes with all the mix-ins and a colorful, easy Rainbow Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing. It’s a super easy summer brunch that everyone will devour!
- Lunch: How about some perfect Picnic Sandwiches and a Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette? It’s a lovely lunch that works perfectly with these drinks!
- Dessert: You could also serve these yummy mimosas with a simple, warm dessert like Baked Cinnamon Donuts with Vanilla Glaze. What a treat!
Pineapple Dole Whip Mimosas
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup refrigerated coconut milk, NOT canned
- 1 bottle (750 ml) prosecco
- Whipped topping, for garnish
- Pineapple wedges, for garnish
- If time permits, chill 6 champagne flutes or glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine pineapple juice and coconut milk; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Evenly divide the pineapple juice mixture between the six chilled glasses.
- Pour the prosecco into each glass.
- Top with whipped cream and add a pineapple wedge.
- NET CARBS: 6 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
More Easy Drinks to Try
Want another refreshing cocktail recipe for summer? Here are a couple more of my faves.
18 comments on “Pineapple Dole Whip Mimosas”
I can’t find fresh coconut milk. What is a good alternative?
You can try it with regular milk. It will be missing the coconut taste, though.
These are gorgeous and so yummy. The best summer brunch drink!
Thank YOU! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Where have these been all of my life?! I’m a Disney girl to the core and this is exactly what I need to get me through not being there. Thanks!
That’s awesome! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
I need these Pineapple Dole Whip Mimosas in my life!!!
I hope you enjoy them! Thank YOU! 🙂
Mmmm…. I am drooling over these Mimosas. The addition of pineapple makes it irresistible!
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
So yummy and refreshing! Will be making these cocktails again next week!
I am very glad you enjoyed them! Thank YOU! 🙂
These look amazing and I’m so excited to make this soon! My hubby and I are going to absolutely love this drink!
I hope you both enjoy them! Thank YOU! 🙂
So delicious! I feel so special with this drink. Need to make again for my next celebration dinner! Yum, yum, yum!
I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Made this, without alcohol, for my brunch and it was a big hit!
That’s great! I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂