Coconut Lime Cake – This Coconut Bundt Cake has a wonderful, sweet, rich coconut flavor that is complemented by a light hint of lime.
I always welcome the opportunity to make a Bundt cake. Better yet, a tropical Bundt cake. Especially when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground and the temperature won’t move past 30-degrees F.
This Coconut Lime Cake required Beach Boys blasting in the background, and me singing on top of my lungs and into the whisk, “Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty Mama…Keylargo, Montego, baby why don’t we go…!”. I hope I get that song stuck in your head because it has not left my head since last week. 😉
On another note, have we discussed how I’m crazy about making a To-Do List(s)? The only problem with that list is that sometimes (plenty of times) I fail to follow. I used to be really, really good about it, but these days I’m a hot mess. I even missed a Spa appointment! And I made a little (BIG) boo boo with this cake-post. I scheduled it, twice. One for my BundtAMonth group, and one for the Leftovers Club. My apologies to both – it will never happen again. Scouts honor. (I was never in Girl Scouts…can I still say Scouts Honor?)
I haven’t been able to get my act together in like, 2 months. I blame it all on winter. And the flu. No, not me. The kids. They are constantly sneezing, coughing, runny nosing (ha?), back to sneezing… For the love of sanity (and cake), please cold weather, go away!
The #BundtaMonth Event creators, Anuradha from Baker Street and Lora from Cake Duchess, asked us to create a tropical cake for this month because many of us are dealing with the winter blues… A little pick-me-up was in order.
So this cake – I made it with Cream of Coconut and a good amount of lime juice. Hardcore, I know. My house smelled like we were partying it up in the Bahamas.
This week I made it again because, one, it rocked, and two, I am going to share my Leftovers with the Leftovers Club. 🙂
While I figure out the whole mess I made – BundtaMonth … Leftovers Club – you should go ahead and enjoy a slice of this Coconut Lime Cake – a wonderful, sweet, rich coconut flavor that is complemented by a subtle hint of lime. You should eat it with a glass of milk. It goes really, really, realllly good with a glass of milk.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh lime juice of 1 lime
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 can (15-ounces) cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- fresh lime juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- toasted shredded coconut
- Grease a Bundt Cake pan with non-stick spray and dust with flour; tap out any excess and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl beat together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix until bright yellow and smooth.
- Slowly pour and mix in the cream of coconut.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, smooth the top, then bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take the cake out and let cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a cooling rack.
- Cool cake before adding glaze.
- Place the milk, lime juice, lime zest, and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly just until combined and no lumps appear.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dried mint and toasted coconut.
- Let cool for 5 minutes; it will also thicken.
- Spread on top of cake.
Bananas Foster Bundt by Anita from Hungry Couple
Blue Hawaiian Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands
Chocolate Bundt With Coconut Cream Cheese Filling by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP
Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic
Coconut and Rum Tea Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
Coconut Banana Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze by Lora from Cake Duchess
Coconut Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House
Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Jennie from The Messy Baker Blog
Lime Glazed Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
Caramelized Mango Tropical Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen
Mini Pineapple Bundt Cakes with White Chocolate Ganache by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
Pineapple Bundt with Kuih Tat Filling by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
Strawberry and Banana Bundt Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
Vanilla Orange Bundt Cake with a Hint of Coconut by Laura from The Spiced Life
White Chocolate Guava Cake by Kim from Ninja Baking
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…