Frozen berries blended with heavy whipping cream create a rich and sweet blender ice cream. This simple, 2 ingredient recipe comes together super fast and will be your go-to homemade ice cream recipe.
- This recipe allows you to make real, creamy ice cream in just seconds, perfect for when you crave something sweet without the wait.
- With the option to add ingredients like chocolate syrup, nuts, or sprinkles, this recipe offers the flexibility to create your own unique ice cream flavors tailored to your taste.
- This is a lighter option as it doesn’t require added sugar or eggs, and it’s easier because it does not require any special equipment like an ice cream maker.
Ingredients For Blender Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- 10-ounce bag of frozen berries or any other frozen fruit. You may also use fresh fruit, but you will need to cut it up into 1 to 2-inch pieces and freeze it before making the ice cream.
How To Make Blender Ice Cream
For best results, you want to use a high-powered blender, like Blendtec, but this recipe also works with regular blenders. I have used a food processor, and that worked just as well. However, you may need to add more liquid to get it to blend.
- Add the frozen fruit to the blender. If using a sweetener, add it on top of the berries inside the blender.
- Process/pulse just until the fruit is roughly chopped.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and continue to process just until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Scoop it out and serve.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Dairy-Free Option: Substitute dairy with coconut cream by blending 1 can (14 ounces) of unsweetened coconut cream with 3 cups of frozen berries.
- Understanding Heavy Cream: Heavy cream, or heavy whipping cream, is a high-fat part of milk, often used in recipes for its richness and is readily available at grocery stores.
- Sweetener is Optional: Sweetening the ice cream is not necessary. Add it only if you prefer a sweeter taste, or consider using a ripe banana for natural sweetness.
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy this ice cream as soft serve right out of the blender, or freeze it to scoop and serve in cones for a firmer texture.
Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container, layer plastic wrap over the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming, cover it with a lid, and keep it in the freezer for 1 to 2 weeks.
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Banana Frozen Yogurt
- No Churn Mango Ice Cream
- Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
- 10 ounces frozen berries, or any other frozen fruit
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener, optional
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Place frozen berries and sweetener, if using, in a food processor or blender; process or pulse just until the fruit is roughly chopped.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and continue to process just until everything is incorporated and smooth. Add more heavy cream if the mixture is too thick. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later.
- If you’d like to use coconut cream, blend 1 can (14 ounces) of coconut cream with 3 cups of frozen berries.
- Before placing it in the freezer, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap to keep ice crystals from forming on the top.
- Keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.