Frozen berries blended with heavy whipping cream create a rich and sweet homemade ice cream. This simple recipe comes together super fast, and will become your go-to ice cream recipe.
MAKE INSTANT ICE CREAM WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM MAKER
Friends, take out your blender because we’re about to make real, creamy ice cream in just seconds. Literally.
At its simplest, 2-ingredient ice cream is just frozen berries and heavy cream blended up into soft serve. BUT, add in additional ingredients like, chocolate syrup, or nuts, or sprinkles, and you’ve just created your own ice cream recipe.
This sweet treat is just as delicious as real ice cream, but without the need for added sugar, eggs, or an ice cream maker. For the reason that my kids complain about tart-ish berry ice cream, I do add couple tablespoons of sweetener to my recipe, but you don’t have to.
HOW TO MAKE BLENDER HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
You will need:
- Heavy Whipping Cream and
- One bag (10-ounces) frozen berries, or any other frozen fruit. You may also use fresh fruit, but you will need to cut it up into 1 to 2-inch pieces and freeze it before making the ice cream.
For best results, you want to use a high-power blender, like Blendtec, but this does work with regular blenders, too. I have also used a food processor, and that worked, as well. HOWEVER, you might need to add a little more liquid to get it to blend.
- Pour out the frozen fruit into the blender. If using a sweetener, sprinkle it on top of the berries inside the blender.
- Process/pulse just until the fruit is roughly chopped.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and continue to process just until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, as needed.
- And that’s it! Scoop it out and eat. OR freeze it for later.
My favorite way to eat it is soft serve, straight out of the blender as soon as it’s done, but you can also freeze it so it is firm enough to scoop out and serve in cones.
You are now, for forever and always, only 2 minutes away from Homemade Ice Cream. This outrageously easy “ice cream” is just the sort of dessert that can instantly please a sweet tooth. If you need something very similar, but healthier, jump over to my recipe for Blueberry Banana Ice Cream.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Frozen berries blended with heavy whipping cream create a delicious texture that’s rich and sweet just like real ice cream.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen berries, or any other frozen fruit
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener, optional
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Place frozen berries and sweetener, if using, in a food processor or blender; process or pulse just until the fruit is roughly chopped.
Pour in the heavy cream, and continue to process just until everything is incorporated and smooth. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, as needed.
Serve immediately or freeze for later.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 4
- Before placing it in the freezer, cover with wax paper to keep ice crystals from forming on the top.
- Keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy