Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend!
We had fun – bbq, soccer, and fireworks! The show was spectacular!
Ana freaked out a time or two, but we got through it. Those Boomers really frightened her.
This was one of those, “Get me out of here!!!” moments.
Last week I mentioned that I found ladyfingers (a real tough item to find around here) for 99 cents a box. I bought all the boxes that were left on the shelf.
Since then I have made a Tiramisu cake three times.
I also made Tiramisu Ice Cream.
After some trial and error, I think I made the best Tiramisu ice cream you will ever have! I know, that sounds like I’m trying to sell it, BUT it really is delicious!
There’s a hint of chocolate, a bigger hint of booze, and just a dash of espresso coffee. And it’s frozen and creamy!
One more thing… please, if you can, be my guest and photograph ice cream outside when it’s 90 degrees. Then let me know how it goes.
Tiramisu Ice Cream
- 1 tub 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons disaronno amaretto
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup espresso
- 1 square 1 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ladyfingers + more for serving optional
- In a food processor, or blender, bring together the mascarpone cheese, milk, disaronno amaretto, sugar, and salt.
- Puree until the mixture is blended and smooth.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the meantime prepare the espresso and chop up the chocolate square.
- When the espresso coffee is done, drop in the chocolate bits and stir until melted.
- In the last 5 minutes of freezing, and while the ice cream is churning, pour the espresso into the ice cream one teaspoon at a time.
- When you are finished with the espresso, drop in the ladyfingers, one at a time. (Optional)
- Turn off the machine and transfer the ice cream to an airtight container.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer for another 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings before serving.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 4
I’m linking this up to Foodbeast. Check out their awesome site for all food-related news.