Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe – Birthday Cake Ice Cream combines your favorite party treats into one tasty, creamy, super delicious bite! Prepare to have the kid inside of you jump right out.
Cake? Ice Cream? Which one is it?! IT’S BOTH! And it’s so much FUN!
I’ll stop screaming now.
Happy Happy day! Happy Happy FRIDAY! I’m feeling it guys. SUMMER. It’s finally here. Technically, it will be here on Monday, the 20th, but the humidity is already thick out there and the smell of chlorine has taken over our neighborhood. I LOVE it!
To celebrate, I made us ice cream that tastes like cake.
There are certain events in a person’s life that call for birthday cake ice cream and one of them happened to be my now four-year-old’s…well… birthday!
I had made this ice cream for my little ones last year, too, and they absolutely loved it, of course. When it was time to celebrate, naturally, this treat was on top of their list, again.
BUT! You DON’T have to be a kid to love it as much as them, if not more. I know I loved it much, much more than anyone else. Then again, I’m an ice cream fiend. I’m crazy about the creamy, cold texture, and the sweet, rich, joyous flavor.
By the way. Do you see that light blue ribbon woven all around the ice cream? Well, because this cold and creamy beauty is loaded with sprinkles, the blue ones decided to melt right into the cream and become one. It’s the prettiest accident I have ever seen. I can’t promise that you’ll experience the same, but fingers crossed, you will.
Milk in, cake mix in, and a handful of sprinkles tossed in with everything at the end? That’s happiness!
It truly is so incredibly delicious and even easier to make, complete with cake mix and sprinkles. Just imagine, it tastes like cake, but in ice cream form. Yeahhhh… Prepare to have the kid inside of you jump right out.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white cake mix
- 1/2 cup confetti sprinkles
- Place the milk and sugar in a food blender and blend for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. You can also use an electric mixer or a whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the heavy cream and the pure vanilla extract.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture into the milk/sugar mixture and blend for another minute.
- Stir in the cake mix and make sure there are no lumps.
- Turn on the ice cream maker, pour in the milk mixture and freeze it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- About 4 to 5 minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add the sprinkles into the mixture through the ingredient spout on the ice cream maker.
- Once the ice cream is done churning, transfer it to an airtight container.
- Cover the ice cream with a lid and freeze for several hours or overnight.
WW SmartPoints: 14