This easy Strawberry Sauce recipe is perfect for pancakes, ice cream, cheesecake, or anything else that can use a sweet berry sweet topping!
AN EASY HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
Bright, delicious and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, this Strawberry Sauce is perfect for every day ice cream and pancakes, or for your special occasion cheesecakes and desserts.
Turning strawberries into a sauce is as easy as adding sugar + lemon juice + salt and 20-ish minutes of cooking. That is all.
This recipe is a favorite of mine because, it’s my mom’s! ❤ Which means it’s not actually mine…
Growing up, I remember my mom making a number of things with all berries, but especially strawberries. Like, Strawberry Juice, Strawberry Jam, and this Strawberry Sauce, which is super delicious, super quick, and super easy to make.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- strawberries… of course
- lemon juice
(Please see recipe card below for ingredient amounts.)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- First you are going to wash the strawberries, remove the stems, and cut the berries into quarters.
- You will then transfer the strawberries to a saucepan and stir in sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook strawberries for about 6 minutes, or until strawberries begin to release their juices.
- Lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature; transfer to a jar with a lid or an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
This recipe beats store-bought syrup any day and every day. It is the perfect fruit topping for waffles, cakes, and anything in between.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and cut in quarters
- 1/3 cup sugar or 1/4 cup sugar substitute (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Set saucepan over medium-high heat; stirring frequently, cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until strawberries start to release their juices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sauce cool to room temperature.
- Keep refrigerated.
When you take the strawberries off the heat, using an immersion blender, blend strawberries until smooth. Cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar with a lid or an airtight container, and keep refrigerated. WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 1 *If you use a sugar substitute, it is ZERO points per serving.*
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
7 comments on “Homemade Strawberry Sauce Recipe”
My favorite flavor! Gotta make this!
Nice! I can see this allll over my vanilla ice cream 🙂
My kids love ordering pancakes with this topping when we go out. It’ll be fun to surprise them at home with it now.
This will be perfect for brunch this weekend!
I want some over my pancakes tomorrow.
I would eat this as a meal!
I could eat this all day long!