Nothing beats Homemade Strawberry Sauce. With just a few ingredients, this is the simplest recipe you can find. This delightful strawberry sauce is perfect on everything – from ice cream to pancakes, waffles, cakes, and more!
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
Do you ever wish for a little something to make your favorite dessert even more special? Let me introduce you to the ultimate companion for your sweet treats: Homemade Strawberry Sauce! Bright, delicious, and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, this quick and easy topping is perfect for any dessert – from a classic cheesecake to a warm stack of pancakes. Made with only four ingredients, you’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe time and again.
Strawberries are a beloved fruit worldwide, known for their vibrant color, sweet flavor, and rich aroma. And, when you transform fresh strawberries into a luscious sauce, you create a versatile topping that elevates any dessert to gourmet status.
Growing up, I remember my mom making a number of things with all berries, but especially strawberries. Like, Strawberry Juice, Strawberry Jam, and this Strawberry Sauce, which is super delicious, super quick, and super easy to make.
Ingredients You Need For Strawberry Sauce
- Fresh strawberries: Handpick the juiciest, reddest strawberries for the best flavor.
- Sugar: To enhance the natural sweetness of the strawberries.
- Lemon juice: A touch of acidity brings out the flavor of the strawberries and balances the sweetness.
- A pinch of salt: It may seem unusual, but a small amount of salt truly heightens the overall taste of this sweet sauce.
How To Make Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Start by washing the strawberries and quartering them.
- Next, put the strawberries in a saucepan, adding sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook the strawberries until they start releasing their juice, about 6 minutes, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let them cool; store the sauce in an airtight container or a jar, and keep it refrigerated.
This homemade strawberry sauce is a staple that you’ll want to keep on hand. Its sweet, fruity flavor adds a touch of elegance to any dessert. The next time you see fresh strawberries at the store, grab a bunch and whip up a batch of this delicious strawberry sauce. Your desserts will never be the same! It is the perfect fruit topping for waffles, cakes, pancakes, ice cream, and anything in between.
More Recipes With Strawberries
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and cut in quarters
- ⅓ cup sugar, or 1/4 cup sugar substitute (can be adjusted to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Set saucepan over medium-high heat; stirring frequently, cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the strawberries start to release their juices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Strawberry Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature before refrigerating it.
- Texture: If you do not want a chunky strawberry sauce, when you take the strawberries off the heat, use an immersion blender and blend the sauce until smooth.
- Fresh Strawberries: Use the freshest strawberries you can find. The quality of your fruit will directly impact the flavor of your sauce.
- Adjusting Sweetness: The amount of sugar in this recipe is a guideline. Depending on the sweetness of your strawberries, you may want to adjust the quantity. Always start with less, as you can add more later if needed.
- Versatility: Apart from desserts, you can also use this sauce in savory dishes. It pairs well with grilled meats and can be used as a glaze for chicken or pork.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.