Blender Creamsicle Ice Cream Sodas – Fizzy, creamy, cool and SUPER DELICIOUS Ice Cream Sodas prepared with orange juice, soda water, and ice cream. A fabulous and low calorie ice cream treat!
An Ice Cream Soda has always been my favorite summertime treat. With very little effort and 2 minutes of your time, you can have yourself a fantastic cool down dessert with just 4 ingredients.
WHAT IS AN ICE CREAM SODA
An Ice Cream Soda (or a FLOAT) is a sweet and cool beverage that consists of ice cream and a soft drink. For the reason that we want to avoid all the added sugars that come with a soft drink, in this recipe we will be using soda water and orange juice.
If you’d like a classic Float, take a look at my Root Beer Floats recipe. It’s so darn good!
HOW TO PREPARE CREAMSICLE ICE CREAM SODAS
I got this recipe about 10 years ago from a friend of mine that was on a Weight Watchers program. I love having this recipe on hand because it’s lower in calories and I can satisfy a sweet tooth without feeling all guilty about it.
According to my mom, even though this frosty treat is healthier than the traditional sodas, it tastes exactly like the sodas they served at ice cream parlors back in the 1960s.
- Now, take out your blenders and fill ’em up with:
orange juice ✓
soda or seltzer water ✓
fat free or light vanilla ice cream ✓
and ice ✓
- Process and blend until creamy.
- Pour into glasses; garnish with orange zest, orange slices, and if waistline permits, add one more ice cream scoop on top. WHY NOT, right?! YUM!!!
Creamy and sweet, this makes for a nice cool down treat on a hot summer day. If Creamsicle Ice Cream was/is your favorite treat from the ice cream truck, then you are definitely going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe.
- You can use chocolate ice cream, a bit of chocolate syrup, and just soda water to make a chocolate version.
- I think berry ice cream would also be perfect in this, as well as a version with scoop of vanilla ice cream + GINGER ALE! Oh myyyy! 😍
While you’re at it, try a sip of my Pina Colada Floats.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
- 2-Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Fizzy, creamy, cool and SUPER DELICIOUS Ice Cream Sodas prepared with orange juice, soda water, and ice cream.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soda water or seltzer water
- 1 1/2 cups light or fat free vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Add all ingredients in a blender.
Process and blend until creamy.
Pour into glasses and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 4