Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries – Frozen yogurt studded with gorgeous blue and red berries! A delicious, fun, and healthy dessert!
Hello, dear pals! Happy post-Mother’s Day to all the Momma’s! I hope you had a wonderful, joyful, relaxing day! Did it include diamonds and flowers? DO TELL!
My kids (7 and 4 years old) got me something super special… It was “breakfast-in-bed” at 2:30 in the afternoon. They literally made me get in bed under the covers to eat it, and my breakfast included a store-bought muffin PLUS a bottle of water. Precious little girls… A cup of coffee would have sealed the deal.
So with Mother’s Day behind us, but Memorial Day ahead of us, (4th of July, too) I thought it was time to finally bust out the red, white, and blue in the form of Frozen Yogurt Bark. No chocolate here…
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT BARK
I’ve been making yogurt bark for a loooong time and I love it thiiiis much. Every time I walk past the fridge, I open up the freezer, grab a square (more like 4 squares) and go. That’s my dessert, that’s my snack, that’s my mid-day satisfaction. Can’t maintain this opposite-of-Kardashian figure with chips and chocolates, know what I’m sayin’?
I also LOVE this similar Cheesecake Bark with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl. YUM!
This is so straight forward, even a kid can do it.
- I’m gonna need you to first flavor the yogurt with a bit of agave (or honey, or maple syrup),
- drizzle in a bit of pure vanilla extract,
- and spread it out on a sheet pan.
- The only thing left to do is decorate it with a bunch of red and blue berries and freeze it. That.is.all.
- Optionally: sprinkle some nuts over it for garnish. I just think it looks prettier with nuts. And I don’t mind the crunch.
Sidenote: you know what Memorial Day also means, right? THEEE start of summer. THEEE start of bare skin and beaches. THEEE start of put-the-tub-of-ice-cream-away because we can’t hide under a coat no more.
Goodbye sugar and carbs – see you again in September!
P.S. Get on this yogurt bark as soon as you can – a healthy dessert awaits you!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT BARK WITH BERRIES
Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave (honey or maple syrup are also OK to use)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
- strawberries, sliced
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, agave, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to previously prepared baking sheet and spread it around to an even thickness.
- Top with berries.
- Garnish with nuts (optional)
- Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- Keep in the freezer.