Vanilla Spiced Nuts Recipe – Sweet, crunchy and absolutely irresistible nuts coated with a perfect blend of spice and vanilla.
Spiced Nuts have been a favorite of mine since the first time I received a Christmas care package in college and chose to eat the awesome nuts OVER all the chocolate and fruits. However, Vanilla Spiced Nuts have been a favorite of mine for exactly 4 weeks now, or since the first time I tasted them in Vienna, Austria.
Yes, it WAS my first time biting into a vanilla nut, and oh my GAH! WOW! They were incredible, and my reaction was caught on video – go to my European Christmas Markets post to see it.
Me thinks these nuts need to be a thing at your New Year’s Eve party. You might have to make several batches because they will go real quick.
To be honest, I am a huuuge fan of nuts and eat them daily, not just on Holidays. Some people snack on potato chips, I prefer nuts and seeds. I eat the fancy ones, like these Vanilla Spiced Nuts, on special occasions. Gotta put a limit somewhere, ya know?
These Honey Roasted Almonds are also my go-to.
To make these vanilla beauties, though, all you will need is:
- vanilla bean paste (extract will do, but the paste is stronger)
- egg white
- nuts, too! of course.
We’re going to toss the nuts together with the egg white and vanilla, before adding the spices. Once everything is combined, you will transfer the nuts to a baking sheet and roast them for about 20 minutes.
When they’ve cooled down, break them up and SERVE. You can also package them up and send them to your besties in college. They’ll think it’s from some fancy place like Harry & David.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Vanilla Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (you can also use the same amount of pure vanilla extract)
- 4 cups mixed nuts (I use almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg white with the vanilla bean paste until frothy.
- Add the nuts to the egg white mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, salt, allspice, and ground cinnamon; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add spices to the nuts and stir to combine.
- Transfer nuts to previously prepared baking sheet and spread them out in one single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wax paper lined baking sheet; let cool.
- Break apart and serve.