You guys! Half the year is done! I don’t mean to be all melodramatic, but seriously, half.of.this.year.is.done.
Let’s talk about something happy. Like chocolate. And booze! And holidays!!
Where are you going for the 4th? Are you grilling?
I still don’t have any plans. The hubs has to work – blah – and going to a wild bbq party with two kids in tow kinda scares me. Especially since one of them is only a year old. And because there will be crazy fireworks everywhere. Those things used to be FUN, but now I’m scurred. I think, like, one is going to hit me straight in the eye and come out through my ear, and I’ll have to go on talk shows and discuss my experience.
So, in order to avoid all that, I will have to celebrate alone. And if I have to celebrate alone, I figured there was no better way than to celebrate with this Boozy Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
The fruit and pound cake skewers dipped into this smooth, chocolaty deliciousness is SO! GOOD!
As I was going through red, white, and blue ideas, I stopped and heard this thought in my head. It said something like, you know, a fruit salad is just like any other salad – it needs to be dressed! One, I don’t know why I thought about a fruit salad – must be a sign to stop eating Grilled Strawberry Caprese Cakewiches. Two, the idea about the dressing worked.
After going through a few sweet-dressing-concoctions in my head, this one stuck with me. I couldn’t forget about it, and I am so glad I didn’t!
I mean, is there any better combo than chocolate and rum?!?
Whatev! In my world, rum and chocolate are magic! And this sauce may be my new favorite snack. After hours, of course.
If you need a quick last minute dessert that doesn’t require much work, well, you have found it!
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips , chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2- shot glass to 1-shot glass dark rum
- Bamboo Skewers
- 6 Blueberries for each skewer
- 2 Strawberries for each skewer
- 2 cubes of pound cake for each skewer
- Place cream in a small saucepan and cook over low heat.
- When cream begins to form bubbles around the edges, remove from heat and whisk in the chopped chocolate.
- Continue to whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and rum; set aside.
- Thread strawberries, pound cake cubes, and blueberries onto each skewer.
- Arrange fruit skewers on a platter and serve chocolate sauce in a bowl.
- Sauce will thicken as it stands.
How much fruit and cake you will need depends on how many skewers you want to make. Keep in mind, dipping sauce will serve about 8 people
WW SmartPoints: 14