Boozy Hazelnut Chocolate Souffle – Made with delicious chocolate and hazelnut liqeuer, this elegant, French dessert may look like a lot of work, but you’ll be surprised to see just how incredibly easy it is to make!
Hey YOU! Happy Monday!
Look! I made you chocolate souffle! And I boozed it up!
Have YOU ever tried taking a picture of a souffle?? Daaaang! That thing is so temperamental!
I thought I was ready for it. I had it all set up – light, white boards, spoons, backdrops, props – the whole 15 yards, really, but it wasn’t behaving. And I really, really wanted you to see my poofed up souffle! waaaaaaaaaah!
Before you say anything, I know it’s soufflè, but we can live without the accent mark, kay? Pleeeeease. It takes too long to hold down the alt key and type out 0232. It’s Monday. You understand.
But this dessert was inspired by a challenge.
I joined the Chocolate Party this month, and my BFF Roxana from Roxana’s Home Baking challenged us to come up with a chocolate-hazelnut treat.
Since I couldn’t just take a picture of a Nutella jar and put it up on the blog, I made this souffle that sorta, kinda, alllllmost tastes like a creamier version of Nutella! Yaha, I did that!
First off, if you can separate eggs AND melt chocolate, YOU can make chocolate souffles. Mmm hmmm. Eaaaasy.
Also, we’re kicking this souffle up a notch by adding a bit of booze to it. You should know that a little bit of hazelnut liqueur goes a looooong way in this lovely dessert. Another thing; it’s gluten free!
Does that make it healthy???
Depends on who you ask… 🙂
I understand that making this may seem like a pretty daunting job, but you’ve got to believe; this is really easy to make, and once you bite into it, you’ll be SO happy you found me! I mean, my recipe!
BOOZY HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 6- ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut liqueur I use Bailey's
- 5 egg whites
- powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- chopped hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Set 6 small (6-ounce) ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Brush the insides of ramekins with melted butter; set aside.
- Set up a double boiler and melt chocolate.
- In the meantime, combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, and liqueur in your mixer's bowl; beat on high speed until pale yellow and thick.
- Add melted chocolate into the yolks and continue to beat until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg whites and 2 tablespoons sugar; using clean beaters, beat until the egg whites are shiny and firm.
- Stir one-third of the whites into the chocolate mixture; stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg whites-mixture; fold until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the previously prepared ramekins, filling each ramekin to the top.
- Bake on the lower rack of your oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, chopped hazelnuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to check out all the participating bloggers below – they are all showcasing their own Chocolate-Peanut Butter creations!
Wanna participate in Roxana’s Chocolate Party? The Rules are easy peasy!
1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.
2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page. Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.
4.) Add the linky code at the bottom of your post.
5.) HAVE FUN!