Avocado Chocolate Mousse – Egg-free, dairy-free, healthy, decadent and silky chocolate mousse made with avocados!
We’re giving a whole new truthful meaning to, you can have your chocolate mousse and eat it, too! …something like that.
Hello, my dear pals! Are you put off by this idea of including avocados in your next favorite bite? Don’t be! I’m here to tell you, from one skeptic to another, THIS you mustn’t ignore.
WHAT IS AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
It is a rich and silky healthy chocolate mousse made with avocados, melted chocolate, agave, coconut oil, and coconut milk.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, the way to my heart is through a healthy-ish dessert that is lightened-up, zero calories preferred, yet very delicious and chocolaty. Not all those things may be true, but 3 out of 4 ain’t bad at all.
Have you ever gone from store to store trying to find one very particular, low-cal, dairy free, soy free ingredient?! You understand the struggle, right? For that reason, I’d like the opportunity to thank Kroger for having every.thing. under one roof, always.
My favorite stroll is through Kroger’s Natural Foods Department which is where I can easily find more natural, plant based and organic foods. It’s like they know my needs! This is where I always pick up a carton of my kids’ favorite SO Delicious Chocolate Coconut Milk.
I mean, don’t all kids love this stuff??
It’s also where I can always find organic and low sodium chicken/veggie broth, vegan chocolate chips, healthy snacks, coconut oil, and the spot where I finally found So Delicious Dairy Free CoconutMilk – the stuff that’s about to make this chocolate mousse happen.
Are you ready to talk about mousse perfection? GOOD!
Annnd a dollop of whipped cream on top?! SAVE ME!
Here’s what’s up:
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
I know you’re thinking, “what in the actual heck is this???!!! Chocolate over avocados???”. Yes, friends, yes, that’s melted chocolate over avocados in a food processor. But you have to trust me. We’re a little bit over a month into our New Year resolution; this dessert is the ideal way to keep up with it when you need some sweetness in your life. TRUST me.
You see, once the agave and coconut milk and cocoa powder are blended in, you will never ever know about the avocado in there. ESPECIALLY after chilling the dessert for a number of hours.
And then this:
Aye aye ayyyyyyye!
I should also mention that there’s no baking or hand-mixing involved. It’s just several ingredients inside your food processor mixed into a smooth and dreamy chocolate mousse. It will take you like 7.8 minutes to get it done.
Spooning it into your favorite dessert dishes?? HAPPINESS!
Eating all that is inside that dish without guilt?!?! PRICELESS!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Egg-free, dairy-free, healthy, decadent and silky chocolate mousse made with avocados!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ripe avocados , peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/3 cup SO Delicious Original Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream , for garnish (optional)
- raspberries , for garnish (optional)
- mint leaves , for garnish (optional)
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir; the chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the melted chocolate, avocados, cocoa powder, agave, coconut milk, vanilla and salt in a food processor; blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture inside dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint leaves.