This creamy Mango Guacamole takes your favorite dip and turns it into a tropical daydream! Made with fresh avocados, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño and much more, this simple guacamole is full of flavors you can’t resist.
Simple Homemade Mango Guacamole
I wish words could describe how tasty this vegan guacamole is. But, you’ll just have to see for yourself! It’s studded with hearty veggies like bell peppers and onions, and flavored with a lovely combination of spices and seasonings.
Packed with fresh, healthy ingredients, it makes a great summer side dish, appetizer, snack, or add-on!
The sweetness, juiciness and creaminess of the mango lends itself perfectly to guacamole. It’s really the star of the show in this dip! Every bite is bursting with tropical goodness, and it’s good for you, too!
What You’ll Need
Here’s a list of all the wonderful ingredients that go into this simple guacamole. Feel free to make adjustments as desired.
- Avocados: Ripe; halved and pitted.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
- Lime Juice: Fresh from 3 limes.
- Red Onion: Dice it up finely.
- Red Bell Pepper: Finely diced.
- Fresh Cilantro: Finely chopped. You can use more as a garnish if you’d like.
- Garlic Cloves: Finely minced.
- Mango: Peeled and diced into ½-inch cubes.
- Jalapeno: Finely minced, ribs and seeds removed.
- Tortilla Chips: For serving.
How to Make Mango Guacamole
This appetizer is as easy as it gets! Everything comes together in one bowl.
- Mash Avocado: Scoop the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and mash it with the back of a fork.
- Season: Season the avocado with salt, pepper and lime juice; mash to combine.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Stir in the red onions, bell peppers, cilantro and garlic. Then, add mango and jalapeno and gently stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish & Serve: Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips.
Tips for Success
When working with fresh ingredients like those of this guac, it’s important to keep the following tips in mind.
- Use Ripe Avocados: The best guacamole uses the ripest (but not overripe!) avocados. You can detect ripeness by gently pressing on the avocado. You should be able to press into it a little, but not too much. Ripe avocados are also darker in color, and the top stem is easily removed to show green underneath, not brown.
- Don’t Let it Sit: If you’re not serving your guacamole right away, cover it and place it in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy it. This will keep everything fresh and delicious.
- Customize the Recipe! You can add whatever you’d like to your guacamole, and you can also make omissions as desired. Season to your liking and create the avocado dip of your dreams!
Ways to Use Guacamole
Sure, guacamole is a simple, classic appetizer dip – but it can also be used for much more. This guac is so good, you could pretty much eat it by the spoonful! I always do. 🙃
- Wrap it Up: This guacamole will bring an explosion of fresh flavors to your favorite wraps and sandwiches. Add it for a summery twist!
- Put it In a Salad: This Very Berry Avocado Salad is already an amazing summer treat, but you can level it up even more by using this guacamole in place of the diced avocado.
- Make Shrimp and Guacamole Tortilla Bites: Tropical flavors plus seafood? Say less! This guacamole would be a brilliant option for my Cajun Shrimp & Guacamole Tortilla Bites.
- Make Avocado Toast: You knew it was coming. There’s a reason avocado toast is so popular! It has the perfect balance of creaminess and crunchiness. This zingy mango guacamole can be turned into instant avocado toast! It’s a great way to use up leftover guac from the night before, if it doesn’t all get devoured.
How to Store Guacamole
- If you have leftover guac, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to 2 days. I don’t recommend trying to freeze guacamole.
Fresh Mango Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion, plus a bit more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely diced red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 to 2 mangoes, peeled and diced into ½-inch cubes, (you can also use frozen mango chunks, but make sure to thaw them before adding to the guacamole)
- 1 small jalapeño, finely minced (ribs and seeds removed)
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish, optional
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and mash it with the back of a fork.
- Season the avocado with salt, pepper, and lime juice; mash to combine.
- Stir in the red onions, bell peppers, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add mango and jalapeno and gently stir to combine.
- Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with diced red onions, chopped cilantro, and a handful of mango chunks.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
More Easy Sides to Try
Want more easy sides and appetizers for summer? You have to try the recipes below!