Sweet and refreshing, this Very Berry Avocado Salad is full of fresh fruit and ripe avocados to make a healthy summer treat! It’s easy to make and is perfect as a BBQ side or appetizer.
Love avocado salad? Check out this Olives and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese recipe and this tasty Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette.
This Avocado Fruit Salad Is The Best Way To Start Off Your Week
Sweet and refreshing, this Very Berry Avocado Salad is full of fresh fruit and ripe avocados to make a healthy treat! Loaded with juicy blueberries, crisp strawberries, tangy raspberries, creamy avocado, and the poppyseed dressing makes the whole salad pop!
I had all intentions to kick this week off with a recipe for cupcakes, but as you can see, plans changed…
However, that doesn’t make this salad any less delicious… it’s just a bit healthier than a cupcake. 😃 And, every time I make it, I have to remember to share it because I’m always tempted to just stick my fork in it and give it a go.
This week, I also got to use my new kitchen tool, the Avocado Slicer 👊 …I eat a TON of avocados so this little gadget is really helping me. All you do is remove the pit with the pitter that’s located at the end of the slicer, and then just slide the tool along the inside of the skin to get some pretty, uniform avocado slices! 🙌
How to Make Berry Avocado Salad
This Berry Avocado Salad was inspired by my fave salad option at Panera. It is crisp, refreshing, sweet, and tangy, and it’s as as simple as chopping up some fruits and throwing them in a bowl. With a handful of feta cheese on top.
- Place several cups of fresh baby spinach leaves OR a Salad Green Mix in a large salad bowl.
- Top spinach with sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, avocado, sunflower seeds, and feta cheese.
- Make the poppy seed dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and poppy seeds in a small bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined and pour over the salad.
- Toss gently to combine; taste for seasonings (salt and pepper), adjust, and serve.
Berries and Avocados are a Great Combination
But, this berry-avocado thing had to happen sooner or later. I love berry season because I think I can live on berries alone, with a side of avocados. And a few Spinach Blackberry Salads. Aaaaand the Avocado Feta Salsa! Man, I’m gonna miss summer… waaaaah!
*Think Happy Thoughts!!! Fall. Pumpkins. Pies. Apples. Baking.*
Okay, I think Fall might do us just fine.
Got berries? Got avocados? Hit print and GO!
This Very Berry Avocado Salad is full of fresh fruit and ripe avocados. It's so sweet and refreshing, and perfect for a healthy summer side dish to bring to BBQs!
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves OR salad mix
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
Place baby spinach in a salad bowl.
Top spinach with prepared strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, diced avocado, sunflower seeds, and crumbled feta.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, and poppy seeds.
Pour dressing over salad and gently mix it all together.
Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 7
NET CARBS: 9 grams
* This recipe was originally published on August 19th, 2013. Updated with new photos on January 14th, 2020.