Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Simple, delicious, and refreshing summer salad packed with corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado and a drizzle of the best Lime Cumin Vinaigrette!
TOMATO AVOCADO CORN SALAD
Perfect for a BBQ, a lunch, or a potluck, this Tomato Avocado Corn Salad is an easy and light summer treat brimming with amazing textures and flavors. It makes a great side dish with grilled meats, but it’s also just as good all on its own. I can eat a ton of it. 🤷♀️
Our Corn Salad is a wonderfully quick-fix salad, without having to cook a single thing and it comes together in minutes. It’s probably one of the simplest recipes I have on Diethood, but honestly, this salad just felt like a great way to kick off this hot summer day.
If you were planning on having salad today, you.must.make.this.one. 😊Grab some juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, creamy avocado, firm cucumber, and tasty red onions, so we can get this recipe started.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO AVOCADO CORN SALAD
I know that fresh corn right off-the-cob is probably the best there is, and if you have some cooked, cool, but if not, grab a bag of frozen sweet corn kernels and thaw 3 to 4 cups of it.
Wanna use canned corn? SURE! Just rinse it really good.
- Once you have decided on the corn, transfer the kernels to a large salad bowl.
- Next, you want to slice up an entire English cucumber into half moons. Place those in the salad bowl with the corn.
- Then, move onto the cherry tomatoes. We will need 2 to 3 cups of cherry tomatoes; slice those in half and transfer to the salad bowl.
- Grab 2 average-size avocados; peel and remove pit, then cut into cubes. Add prepared avocado to the salad bowl.
- Red onions will also make their way into this salad. You’ll want to cut thin slices of about 1/2 of an onion and stir those into the salad bowl. Set aside.
HOW TO MAKE LIME CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
- In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover salad bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Stir, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, and serve.
CAN I MAKE CORN SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! This salad can be made a day ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes, but I wouldn’t keep it for longer than one night in the fridge. STIR before serving.
MORE SUMMER SALAD IDEAS
- Summer Cobb Salad
- Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
- Olives Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- Tex-Mex Margarita Chicken Salad
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Lime Cumin Vinaigrette
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 ears of cooked or grilled corn, kernels cut off the cob (OR use 3 to 4 cups frozen (thawed) sweet corn kernels, OR, you may also use canned corn - rinse it well)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 to 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
FOR THE LIME CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine corn kernels, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, cubed avocados, and red onions. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.
- Cover salad bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for one hour.
- Remove from fridge; garnish with cilantro and serve.
- This salad can be made ONE day ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes, but I wouldn’t keep it for longer than one night in the fridge. STIR before serving.