Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Simple, delicious, and refreshing summer salad packed with corn, cucumber, tomato, avocado and a drizzle of the best Lime Cumin Vinaigrette!
TOMATO AVOCADO CORN SALAD
Perfect for a BBQ, a lunch, or a potluck, this Tomato Avocado Corn Salad is an easy and light summer treat brimming with amazing textures and flavors. It makes a great side dish with grilled meats, but it’s also just as good all on its own. I can eat a ton of it. 🤷♀️
Our Corn Salad is a wonderfully quick-fix salad, without having to cook a single thing and it comes together in minutes. It’s probably one of the simplest recipes I have on Diethood, but honestly, this salad just felt like a great way to kick off this hot summer day.
If you were planning on having salad today, you.must.make.this.one. 😊Grab some juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, creamy avocado, firm cucumber, and tasty red onions, so we can get this recipe started.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO AVOCADO CORN SALAD
I know that fresh corn right off-the-cob is probably the best there is, and if you have some cooked, cool, but if not, grab a bag of frozen sweet corn kernels and thaw 3 to 4 cups of it.
Wanna use canned corn? SURE! Just rinse it really good.
- Once you have decided on the corn, transfer the kernels to a large salad bowl.
- Next, you want to slice up an entire English cucumber into half moons. Place those in the salad bowl with the corn.
- Then, move onto the cherry tomatoes. We will need 2 to 3 cups of cherry tomatoes; slice those in half and transfer to the salad bowl.
- Grab 2 average-size avocados; peel and remove pit, then cut into cubes. Add prepared avocado to the salad bowl.
- Red onions will also make their way into this salad. You’ll want to cut thin slices of about 1/2 of an onion and stir those into the salad bowl. Set aside.
HOW TO MAKE LIME CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
- In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cover salad bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Stir, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, and serve.
CAN I MAKE CORN SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! This salad can be made a day ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes, but I wouldn’t keep it for longer than one night in the fridge. STIR before serving.
MORE SUMMER SALAD IDEAS
- Summer Cobb Salad
- Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
- Olives Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- Tex-Mex Margarita Chicken Salad
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Lime Cumin Vinaigrette
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 ears of cooked or grilled corn, kernels cut off the cob (OR use 3 to 4 cups frozen (thawed) sweet corn kernels, OR, you may also use canned corn - rinse it well)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 to 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
FOR THE LIME CUMIN VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine corn kernels, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, cubed avocados, and red onions. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.
- Cover salad bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for one hour.
- Remove from fridge; garnish with cilantro and serve.
- This salad can be made ONE day ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes, but I wouldn’t keep it for longer than one night in the fridge. STIR before serving.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.