This Spiked Crockpot Hot Chocolate recipe is rich, creamy, decadent, and BOOZY! Perfect for your Holiday parties, this is the ultimate sipper created for a crowd!
Looking for an alcohol-free crockpot hot chocolate? Try my easy slow cooker hot chocolate recipe! And don’t forget to pair your hot chocolate with a treat, like these Rocky Road White Chocolate Chip Peppermint Sugar Cookies!
SPIKED CROCKPOT HOT CHOCOLATE
Push away those instant hot cocoa powdered mixes because this homemade recipe for Crockpot Hot Chocolate is about to be a huge hit! ESPECIALLY since we’re adding a few shots of bourbon to it. Or Kahlua. Or Schnapps. OR whatever other alcoholic treat you prefer.
While it may not be convenient to make a big batch of hot chocolate all the time, this recipe is ideal for the Holiday Season or for when you’re hosting a big fall or winter party.
However, the best thing about a from-scratch hot chocolate recipe is that it is made with real chocolate and real ingredients. It’s like, you’re eating your chocolate and drinking it, too! 🍫 ☕️
HOW TO MAKE SPIKED CROCKPOT HOT CHOCOLATE
My recipe for Spiked Hot Chocolate is really creamy and it tastes like melted chocolate. Milk and cream help with the creaminess, while the dark chocolate chips add to the chocolatey richness.
- First, you’ll want to add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt to the insert of your slow cooker.
- Then, stir in milk, heavy cream, and vanilla. If you don’t want to use heavy cream, add half & half or evaporated milk, instead.
- Whisk it all together; cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover, whisk in some Kahlua, or bourbon; or rum, or whatever else you have on hand.
- Ladle into mugs; top with marshmallows and serve.
HOW TO MAKE STOVE TOP HOT CHOCOLATE
- If you prefer to make Hot Chocolate on the stovetop, simply add all the ingredients to a large pot, whisk it all together, and cook over medium heat until chocolate is completely melted and everything is thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Make sure to whisk frequently so to prevent the chocolate from burning on the bottom of the pot.
TOPPINGS FOR HOT CHOCOLATE
- You can garnish hot chocolate with chopped peppermints, white chocolate chips, cinnamon sticks, sprinkles, peanuts, and whipped cream.
HOW TO STORE HOT CHOCOLATE
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
MORE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES
- Thick and Creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Spicy Hot Chocolate Mocha
- 2 Ingredient Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate
- Spiked Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
Spiked Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips OR semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups whole milk, you can also use 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, you can also use evaporated milk or Half & Half
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Kahlua, or bourbon, or any other liquor that you prefer
- Toppings; marshmallows, chopped peppermint, cinnamon sticks, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, etc...
- Place chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and sugar in the insert of your slow cooker
- Add milk, heavy cream, and vanilla; whisk for a couple of minutes to mix in the cocoa, and until everything is well combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours, whisking occasionally to prevent the chocolate from burning on the bottom.
- Remove cover and stir in the Kahlua or bourbon; stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Ladle into mugs and add your favorite toppings.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 24
- To reduce points down to 16, use Fat Free Half & Half and 1% milk.
Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.