Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies are irresistibly soft, delicious, and bursting with colorful sprinkles. They are the perfect fusion of classic cake flavor in a bite-sized cookie form and are ideal for celebrations, snack time, or any moment that calls for a sprinkle of happiness!
Funfetti Cookies Recipe
There’s something undeniably joyful about Funfetti. Perhaps it’s the vibrant pops of color or how those tiny sprinkles evoke memories of childhood celebrations. And when those Funfetti vibes are captured in the form of a cookie, the joy is doubled! Introducing the Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies: where the nostalgia of cake meets the convenience of a cookie, all sprinkled with happiness. These cookies promise a flavorful experience that lingers long after the last crumb, and it is a treat for all ages! They’re a vibrant addition to any cookie lover’s repertoire.
Why We’re Obsessed with These Funfetti Cookies
- Simplicity at Its Best: With just a few staple ingredients and a box of Funfetti Cake Mix, these cookies come together in a snap!
- Perfectly Fluffy & Soft: Thanks to the unique cake mix base, these cookies have an incredibly soft and fluffy texture.
- Customizable Sprinkle Fun: While the Funfetti mix already packs a sprinkle punch, the added sprinkles on top allow you to customize the cookies for any occasion. Think pink and red for Valentine’s or green and red for Christmas.
- Kid-Friendly Baking: Their simplicity and colorful outcome make these cookies a perfect baking project for little ones. Let their creativity shine as they add their choice of sprinkles on top.
Funfetti Cookies Ingredients
- Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- Baking Powder
- Canola Oil
- Additional Sprinkles (optional)
How To Make Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies
Whether it’s a special occasion or you’re just craving a sprinkle of joy, these cookies will be your go-to treat for instant smiles! The perfect blend of sweetness and whimsy, they’re sure to be a hit with kids and adults.
- Preheat & Prep: Set your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the Funfetti Cake Mix with the baking powder.
- Whisk Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, oil, and vanilla until the mixture takes on a pale yellow hue. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until everything is well combined.
- Shape the Cookies: Create 1-inch balls from the dough and place them on the baking sheets, spaced two inches apart. Add more sprinkles on each cookie, pressing lightly so they adhere.
- Bake: Without flattening the dough balls, bake for about 9 minutes.
- Cool & Set: Once out of the oven, let the cookies stand on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Useful Tips for the Perfect Funfetti Cookies
- Don’t Overbake: Keep an eye on the cookies. Baking for just 9 minutes ensures they remain soft and pillowy.
- Let Them Rest: After taking the cookies out of the oven, allowing them to stand for 2 minutes helps them set while retaining their soft texture.
- Storage: These cookies are best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix and baking powder; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla; whisk until combined and mixture is a pale yellow. Add the egg mixture to the cake-mix mixture; stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop 1-inch rounded balls of dough, two-inches apart, onto the baking sheets.
- Add a few sprinkles on top of each dough ball and press lightly so they do not roll off. Do not flatten the cookie-dough balls.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: For more consistent results, use eggs that are at room temperature before mixing them in.
- Don’t Overbake: Monitor the baking closely. A 9-minute bake time will keep the cookies tender and soft.
- Sprinkle Variation: Try different types and colors of sprinkles depending on the occasion – seasonal colors for holidays, pastels for birthdays, or even themed shapes!
- Cookie Size: Ensure consistent cookie size by using a cookie scoop.
- Allow Cooling Time: Once removed from the oven, give the cookies a couple of minutes to firm up without losing their delicate consistency.
- Cooling the Baking Sheet: Before baking a new batch, and if using the same baking sheet, ensure the baking sheet has cooled completely. This helps prevent the cookies from spreading too much if the dough starts to melt before baking.
- Avoid Stacking: When storing, it’s a good idea to place parchment paper between cookie layers in the container to prevent them from sticking together.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.