White Chocolate Chunk Cookies – These White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a Mrs. Field’s Copycat, but I think they are even better than the real thing!
A delicious cookie with chunks of white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
Look, Ma! I’m posting a recipe for cookies! SHOCKER!
No sarcasm here… I really am shocked. I don’t really do cookies. I mean, yes, I DO make cookies, but not for the blog because they’re gone as soon as they come out of the oven.
Scratch that. Not all cookies are demolished as soon as they come out. These Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies lasted a bit longer because some people don’t like oats. (I know! I was just as surprised!)
The issue, really, is that I have two very, very picky eaters. One of them is a 6-foot-3 male – aka, my husband. The other one is an almost 5-year old girl – aka, my daughter. These two drive me banaynays when it comes to eating-time. “Is that meat in there? Is that vegetables in there? Is that food on my plate??” …Sheeeesh! Gimme a break!
Then there’s me and Aleksandra, my about to be 2-year old. Our motto is, Open Mouth —> Insert.
BUT, when we make cookies, ain’t nobody complainin’! The skies open, the sun shines, and the two picky ones stuff their lovely faces with sweet-things.
These White Chocolate Chunk (Macadamia Nut) Cookies are a classic.
They’re exactly like every cookie I ate every day for 3 years when I worked right near a Mrs. Field’s Cookie-Shop. They are sweet, they are soft as pillows, and they are addictive.
Swear, I’m going to wait a few weeks before I make them again because I don’t wanna scare all the pool goers this summer.
I didn’t believe that I could ever recreate Mrs. Field’s cookies, but with the help of this world wide web, you can pretty much do anything you like!
Truthfully, I could not believe how good these were. Melt-in-your-mouth good. I wish I had more!
I think the secret to these cookies, or any cookies for that matter, is to remove them from the oven before they are done baking.
Also? If you look at them closely, you will see that quality white chocolate and butter are all you really need to make these cookies. And no nuts. I just didn’t include the nuts. It was a texture thing. Forgive me.
These White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a Mrs. Field’s Copycat, but I think they are even better than the real thing!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons butter), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 4-ounces quality baking white chocolate bars, coarsely chopped (I used Ghirardeli )
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; mix until well combined and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla; using your mixer, cream until smooth and creamy.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate and the nuts, if using.
- At this point, you can make ahead and store the cookie dough in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to bake. Don't wait more than 2 days.
- Spoon out heaping tablespoons of batter onto the previously prepared cookie sheets, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
WW SmartPoints: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy