If you’re wondering how to make iced coffee, then this easy recipe is for you. This creamy homemade coffee frappe is made with espresso and milk. It’s a must have coffee recipe for summer!
WHAT IS COFFEE FRAPPE?
Frappe is just a sweet iced coffee blended with milk and espresso, and it makes for the perfect, summer favorite coffee house treat. It is a MUST have coffee drink if you’re hanging out at the pool, beach, or even your backyard.
Currently, I am vacationing in Belek, Turkey, and there’s not a person at the beach without a Frappe in their hands. Not only is it a must if you’re chillin’ on the beach, it is the only coffee that everyone orders at the cafés around here.
But, forget about heading to a café or even Starbucks for your Frappe fix. I am going to show you how I make my own at home and it tastes amazing.
INGREDIENTS FOR A HOMEMADE COFFEE FRAPPE:
- Instant Espresso Coffee
(See recipe card below for ingredient amounts!)
HOW TO MAKE COFFEE FRAPPE (ICED COFFEE):
- First, you’re going to prepare the espresso and then chill it until completely cooled down.
- Next step is to combine the espresso, milk, sugar and ice in a blender.
- Then, begin to blend on low speed, slowly increasing the speed to high, and blend until smooth
- Pour into glasses and serve right away.
This is a delicious refreshing icy drink totally fit for a hot summer day. For me, it’s like dessert in my coffee cup. ☕ Mostly, though, I am glad that I don’t have to get up and drive to a coffee house to satisfy my Frappe cravings.
My version is also WAY healthier. Lawwwd knows about all the syrups and creams that go into the real thing.
However, if you want to fatten it up a bit, top your Frappe with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
MORE COFFEE RECIPES TO TRY:
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Coffee Frappe (Iced Coffee) Recipe
- 1/2 cup prepared Instant Espresso, completely cooled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- In your blender, combine ice, cold espresso, milk, and sugar.
- Begin to blend on LOW, then slowly increase the speed.
- Blend on HIGH for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Divide between 2 glasses and serve immediately.