This creamy homemade coffee frappe is made with espresso and milk. It’s such an easy way to make iced coffee and a must have recipe for summer!
What is a Frappe?
A frappe is a cold, foamed coffee drink made with espresso, milk, sugar, and ice. It’s vigorously shaken or blended until a frothy texture is achieved and then served cold. It makes for a perfect summer favorite coffee-house treat, and it’s a must-have coffee drink if you’re hanging out at the pool, beach, or even your backyard. But forget about heading to a café or even Starbucks for your Frappe fix. I will show you how I make my own at home, which tastes amazing.
Why You’ll Love This Coffee Frappe Recipe
- Easy. You’ll only need a few minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe.
- Great pick-me-up. Thanks to the espresso, it provides a quick energy boost when you need it!
- Refreshing. There is nothing like sipping on a chilled, sweet coffee on a hot afternoon. I like to add a dollop of whipped cream on top and then serve it with a big straw.
Ingredients For Frappe
- Instant Espresso Coffee – You could also use strongly brewed coffee.
- Milk – Any kind of milk will work so use your favorite.
- Sugar – I usually use granulated white sugar, but you could also use light brown sugar to add some caramel notes.
- Ice – Lots of ice!
How to Make a Coffee Frappe
- Make the espresso and let it chill. Prepare the espresso and then chill it until completely cooled down.
- Blend chilled espresso with other ingredients. Next step is to combine the espresso, milk, sugar and ice in a blender. Begin to blend on low speed, slowly increasing the speed to high, and blend until smooth
- Serve. Pour into glasses and serve right away.
- Caramel Frappe. Replace the white sugar in the recipe with light brown sugar. Drizzle caramel sauce to the insides of the glass before pouring in the blended frappe, then drizzle more caramel on top.
- Mocha Frappe. Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup to the inside of your glass before pouring in the blended coffee, then drizzle more chocolate on top.
More Coffee Recipes to Try
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Authentic Irish Coffee
- Coffee Smoothie
- Mexican Coffee
- Cortado Coffe
- Dalgona Coffee
Coffee Frappe Recipe
- ½ cup prepared Instant Espresso, completely cooled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- whipped cream, to serve, optional
- In your blender, combine ice, cold espresso, milk, and sugar.
- Begin to blend on Low, then slowly increase the speed. Blend on High for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Divide between 2 glasses, top with whipped cream, and serve immediately.
- To Make Caramel Frappe: Swap the white sugar in the recipe for light brown sugar. Give the glass a good swirl of caramel sauce before adding the coffee mix, and don’t forget a caramel drizzle finish on top.
- To Make Mocha Frappe: Before filling your glass, streak it with chocolate syrup, then pour the blended Frappe in. Drizzle some chocolate right over the top, too.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.