A white winter twist on the classic Mojito flavored with coconut cream, fresh mint, rum, and lime juice, and served with a garnish of pomegranate seeds for a festive touch. A perfect Christmas cocktail recipe!
COCONUT MOJITOS: THE PERFECT HOLIDAY COCKTAIL
‘Tis the Season for white festive drinks and these Coconut Mojitos are sure to deliver on that promise. Preferably, these should be shared with friends at a Christmas party, while sitting around the tree and playing that Speak Out Game. Sidenote: that’d be SO MUCH FUN! 🥂
These Coconut Mojitos are perfect to pre-game a holiday party with friends. Or if you’re hosting a party, like I am tonight, this drink makes for a great signature holiday cocktail. It’s very simple – takes a minute to make – and it’s so, so, so delicious.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT MOJITOS
A basic mojito includes a nice bunch of mint leaves, limes, sugar, rum, and club soda. But, for our Coconut Mojitos we are going to add cream of coconut and pomegranate seeds.
- We will start with muddling our mint, lime, and sugar together until the lime releases its juices and oils.
- After that, we are going to add the rum and coconut cream; stir, fill the shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain mixture into a cocktail glass and top off with club soda. If you want, add more ice.
- For garnish, add pomegranate seeds and fresh mint, then serve.
Pull up your happy pants, friends, because this irresistibly fresh cocktail will put you right into that Christmas party mode as soon as you take your first sip.
WHICH RUM IS BEST FOR MOJITOS?
I will say to go ahead and use whatever you’ve got on hand, but I’d also suggest to reach for Bacardi Silver Rum, or even Malibu Rum. The more coconut-ty, the better, if you ask me.
MORE CHRISTMAS COCKTAIL RECIPES:
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime cut into 3 wedges
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 ounces Bacardi Silver Rum or Malibu Rum
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut (comes in a can), shaken well and stirred before using
- club soda (you can also use Sprite if you'd like a sweeter drink)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, combine mint leaves, lime wedges and sugar; using a muddler, or a wooden spoon, muddle the mint, lime and sugar together until lime juices are released.
- Stir in the rum and coconut cream; fill shaker with ice, and shake until the drink is thoroughly chilled and well combined.
- Strain mixture into a cocktail glass and top with club soda. Add more ice, if desired.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves; serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.