Easy Fruit Salad with Honey Orange Yogurt Dressing Recipe – A fabulous and healthy fruit salad featuring a rainbow of your favorite tropical fruits tossed with a wonderfully sweet and creamy yogurt dressing.
This easy homemade fruit salad recipe prepared with mango, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, and sweet oranges is bound to become a family favorite! It truly is a tasty snack OR DESSERT loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
Fun fact: Naturally low in fat, sodium, and calories, fruits are the perfect source for many essential nutrients including potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and folate.
You guyyyys!! I love fruit salads. So much LOVE. My Moscato Fruit Salad is probably our most favorite for obvious reasons: BUT, this winning combination of tropical fruits drizzled with a honey orange yogurt dressing makes for the best homemade fruit salad that everyone can enjoy. Not just the 21+ crowd.
How to Make Fruit Salad
This easy fruit salad comes together in about ten minutes. The chopping and peeling of the fruits is what takes most of your prep time.
- To get started, we will need halved red grapes, pineapple chunks, diced mango, sliced kiwis, AND sweet navel oranges. Please make sure that you use SWEET oranges. If your salad is bitter, it’s because you didn’t reach for the sweet navel oranges. M’kay? I hope I made myself clear… ☺
- Arrange the prepared fruits in a large salad bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the Honey Orange Yogurt Dressing by combining vanilla yogurt, honey, orange zest, and vanilla in a small bowl; whisk to combine and pour over the fruit salad. You can also make the dressing ahead of time.
- For best tasting results, please use CHILLED fruits and dressing. About two hours in the fridge is plenty.
- I don’t recommend prepping this salad a day ahead because the oranges and pineapples will release a lot of juices and water down the entire salad. The salad dressing, however, can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 5 days.
Clearly, a good fruit salad can be simple to make with just a few fruits tossed together in a sweet, creamy dressing: SEE Mixed Fruit Salad with Honey-Lemon Yogurt Dressing.
To add, this easy fruit salad can be the perfect way to start your morning, but it is also a delicious, healthy dessert to serve at your next potluck or get together. ORRRR Mother’s Day!
Whether it is for a crowd, or a Mother’s Day brunch, me thinks it still is the perfect homemade fruit salad recipe to share with your family and friends.
- California Chicken Salad
- Fruit Salad Smoothie
- Tropical Buttermilk Sherbet
- Boozy Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- Russian Layered Salad
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
A fabulous and healthy fruit salad featuring a rainbow of your favorite tropical fruits tossed with a wonderfully sweet and creamy yogurt dressing.
- 1 carton (6 ounces) nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 chilled sweet navel oranges peeled, sliced and slices cut in half
- 2 chilled mangoes peeled, cubed
- 4 chilled kiwis peeled, sliced
- 2 cups chilled seedless red grapes halved
- 1 chilled pineapple cut into bite-size chunks
- chopped fresh mint leaves for garnish
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey, orange zest, and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
Taste for sweetness and flavor; adjust accordingly.
Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, and up to 5 days.
Arrange the prepared fruits in a large serving bowl.
Pour prepared yogurt dressing over the fruits and gently stir to combine.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 1
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy