Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Stone Fruit Sauce is an easy to make, 30-minute meal. This yummy chicken is rubbed with homemade jerk seasoning and topped with an incredibly delicious peaches and plums sauce. It’s a dinner idea the whole family will enjoy!
This chicken recipe makes a filling and delicious family meal when paired with with some easy side dishes. Try this Easy One Pot Mushroom Rice Recipe and a side of Garlicky Steamed Broccoli to make your meal complete!
The Best Chicken Recipe For Caribbean Flavor
Every time I make Jamaican Jerk Chicken, I sing as I cook;
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego
Baby why don’t we go
Oooooh I wanna take you down to Kokomoooo….
Ok. I’ll stop. 🙂
Hello HI! What’s happenin’, friends?! Do you feel what I’m feeling? Fall energy creeping up?! Tomorrow is the first day of school around these parts and with that comes… Halloween!? NO?
Yes, Labor Day first, I agree, but after stopping at Target for a back-to-school run, and being greeted by all the orange home decor, I thought it was October…
Let’s slow down, eh? We have four more weeks of summer. Let’s ENJOY it! Starting with this meal…
If there’s one thing that reminds me of the warm Caribbean, Jerk Chicken is IT. Full of flavor and a good amount of heat, Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat! (p.s. I just rhymed)
You’ll Love This Easy Homemade Jerk Seasoning
However, my version of it is a bit milder, though you can control the heat because I also made us a Homemade Jerk Seasoning recipe that you can get right here!
Sidenote (because, I’m a scatter brain): Uhm, now we’re making our own blends?! Wow. My grandmas would be beyond impressed!
Even My Husband Loved This Sweet And Savory Chicken
But, this this this this sauce! This stuff is yummy!
I also have to tell you that I was seriously disappointed by the peaches I bought last Friday. No.taste. NONE!
They sat in the fruit basket up until Sunday when I decided to make this meal for you. At first, it was just going to be the chicken, but throwing the sauce over it was a super awesome idea! The hubs hates the whole fruit over savory thing, but he changed his mind after biting into this. And I’m not just saying that… he really did!
Maybe I should just shut it and give you the recipe. Yeah? OK!
Make it, eat it, LOVE it!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Stone Fruit Sauce
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2- cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 medium sized peaches , thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 red plums , sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle jerk seasoning over chicken pieces and rub in with your fingers.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is done, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a plate; keep covered.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch.
- Add fruit, sugar and salt to skillet.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 10 minutes, or until fruit is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Spoon fruit sauce over chicken and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
More Easy Chicken Recipes: