This Peanut Butter Banana Bread is a moist, delicious upgrade to the classic, with peanut butter and a unique twist of sweet, crunchy candied bacon.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
There’s something undeniably comforting about a freshly baked loaf of banana bread. The sweet, moist crumb, the tantalizing aroma — it’s a recipe that never gets old. But what if we could make it even more exciting? Enter our Peanut Butter Banana Bread, elevated with a surprising twist: Candied Bacon. Yes, you heard it right, bacon + peanut butter. It’s really, really good. You’ll see.
Our Peanut Butter Banana Bread is a delicious treat that takes the usual banana bread up a few notches. The creamy peanut butter and sweet bananas make for a soft, moist bread that tastes amazing. But what really sets it apart is the candied bacon. The sweet and salty bacon adds an unexpected crunch and flavor, making each bite even more enjoyable.
P.S. Maybe I should call this “The Elvis Banana Bread”. I’ve heard he was one for the PB, bacon, and bananas combo. 🤔
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- For the candied bacon, you’ll need 6 slices of bacon, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- For the bread, we are going to need some staples like flour, baking soda, salt, bananas, butter, egg, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- For the candied bacon: Mix together maple syrup, light brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. Coat each bacon slice and bake on a rack over a lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes. Cool and chop.
- For the bread: In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix melted butter and bananas. Stir in the egg, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture and fold in the candied bacon.
- Pour the batter into a greased 4×8-inch loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
And there you have it — a delightful twist on the classic banana bread recipe. This peanut butter banana bread with candied bacon promises an extraordinary taste and texture experience. Enjoy every slice! If you are iffy about using bacon, don’t include it, or use only three slices for your first try to give it a taste. But I promise that once you bite into it, you will want to have used all 6 slices.
How Long To Bake Banana Bread
- Bake this delicious banana bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How To Keep Peanut Butter Banana Bread Moist
- To maintain the moistness of your banana bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil once it has cooled completely. This will prevent it from drying out.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
- If you want to freeze your banana bread, make sure it’s completely cool first. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then add a layer of aluminum foil for extra protection. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Banana Bread Tips
- Use ripe or overripe bananas for maximum sweetness and moistness.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in a denser bread.
- Let your banana bread cool completely before slicing to get perfect slices.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- One Bowl Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Skillet Chocolate Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Candied Bacon
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix maple syrup, light brown sugar, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Generously rub each slice of bacon with the maple syrup mixture until evenly coated.
- Lay strips of bacon on a cooling rack; set the cooling rack over a baking sheet. You might want to cover the baking sheet with foil so that you don’t ruin it.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Let the bacon cool, then roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a spoon, in a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter and the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the beaten egg, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Continue to stir with the spoon while gradually adding in the flour mixture; mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped candied bacon.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 350˚F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove the bread from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use ripe or overripe bananas for maximum sweetness.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter, which can result in a loaf of tough, dense bread.
- Let your banana bread cool completely before slicing it.
- Store the cooled and wrapped banana bread at room temperature for up to 4 days or keep it in the fridge for up to 6 days.
- To freeze your banana bread, make sure it’s completely cool first. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then add a layer of aluminum foil for extra protection. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Slightly adapted from Simply Recipes