This Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and Tomatoes is tossed in a lemon dressing for the ultimate summer salad recipe! It’s fresh, healthy, and real easy to make.
My Favorite Way to Enjoy Grilled Zucchini
Savor the bright and fresh flavors of summer with this Grilled Zucchini Salad, featuring tender, charred zucchini slices combined with sweet corn kernels, juicy tomatoes, cheese, and a light, zesty dressing that brings it all together in a symphony of color and taste.
And with zucchini season underway, this salad is calling your name! Grilling is the best way to get juicy, tender-crisp zucchini, and it tastes so, so good with the other veggies in this salad. Everything is charred to perfection in this flavorful vegetarian dish.
Perfect for picnics, barbecues, or light lunches, this salad showcases the best fresh produce and will impress family and friends alike. The salad is completed with a homemade lemon garlic dressing that is quick and easy to make. You can top off your salad with crumbled cheese or omit the cheese to keep it vegan.
For the Grilled Vegetables
- Zucchini: Slice your zucchini into crescent shapes, about half-an-inch thick.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Corn Kernels
For the Lemon Dressing
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemon juice for the zestiest flavor!
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Oregano: Feel free to use any other dried herb of your choosing instead.
- Crumbled Goat Cheese: You could also use feta or bleu cheese if you’d like.
How to Grill Zucchini
It only takes about 5 minutes to make the best grilled zucchini. Here’s what to do:
- Heat Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high; about 425˚F.
- Grease Grates: Brush the grill grates with oil.
- Season Zucchini: Drizzle olive oil over the sliced zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill: Cook zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until tender and grill marks appear.
How to Make this Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Prepare Veggies: While your zucchini is grilling, grab a grill pan and combine sliced tomatoes and corn inside the pan; drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill: Set grill pan on the grill and cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes and corn are charred; about 2 minutes. Or, if you have any leftover grilled corn, you can use that, instead of making more.
- Make Dressing: In a salad bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss Salad: To the bowl, add zucchini, tomatoes, corn and arugula; toss to coat with salad dressing.
- Serve: Top with crumbled cheese, if desired, and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Grilled Zucchini
- Grease Grill Grates: To ensure that your zucchini doesn’t stick to the grill, be sure to brush your grill grates with olive oil before cooking.
- Serve Hot or Cold: This salad tastes amazing warm, room temperature, or cold! If you want to serve it cold, just keep it in a sealed container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- Season to Taste: Taste test your zucchini before you incorporate it into the salad to make sure you’re satisfied with the amount of seasoning.
You can serve your salad as a main dish OR with your favorite protein – chicken, fish – or make it a healthy side for your best vegetarian recipes. Here are some of my favorite things to serve it with:
- Chicken Breasts: These Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts are an explosion of savory flavor! They’re a classic, pan-seared chicken masterpiece.
- Steak: For a full-course meal made entirely on the grill, pair this zucchini salad with my Easy Grilled Flank Steak. It’s made with a creamy and delicious avocado chimichurri sauce.
- Hummus Dip: Serve your salad with a summery appetizer like my Feta Cheese and Avocado Hummus Dip! It goes great with pita chips, crackers, raw vegetables and more.
- Cocktails: Nothing gets me in the summer mood like a homemade cocktail. This salad pairs so well with my 2-ingredient Red Wine Bambus Cocktail.
How to Store Leftovers
- You can store this zucchini salad in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days. If you expect to have leftovers, I recommend garnishing with cheese as you go instead of sprinkling it over the entire salad. The salad will last longer without the cheese.
More Zucchini Recipes
Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and Tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into ½-inch thick half-moons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2½ cups corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or any other dried herbs
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, (or bleu cheese or feta cheese)
- Preheat an outdoor Grill to medium-high; about 425˚F.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Drizzle olive oil over slices of zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until tender and grill marks appear.
- At the same time, grab a grill pan and combine tomatoes and corn inside the pan; drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set grill pan on the grill and cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes and corn are charred; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- To the bowl, add zucchini, tomatoes, corn, and arugula; toss to coat with salad dressing.
- Top with crumbled cheese and serve!
- For a heartier meal, consider adding protein such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or diced salmon.
- Serve this Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and Tomatoes alongside your favorite grilled meats, or enjoy it on its own for a light, satisfying summer meal.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.