Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter – Fresh corn on the cob seasoned with garlic-butter and oregano.
You know, this past week I realized that I am terrible at using Social Media. Ter.rible! Twitter, in particular. I see people going on and on, talking about their day on Twitter, and I’m like, um…what?
In real life, that is, the life I have with you when we are face to face, I’m a talker. I talk. A lot. My husband talks a lot, as well, and we are always talking over each other. In the end, we have no idea what the other said. You should see our conversations. It’s comical, to say the least.
I only bring up this Twitter issue because the other day, while I was in a meeting with this Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter, I sat in front of my computer, watching the scroll on Twitter, and not knowing what to say. At all. That’s SO weird for me. I always, ALWAYS have something to say. Many times I have to tell myself to shut up. Seriously. I have to remind myself to stay calm and shut my trap.
This is not to say that I am any better on the other Social Network – Facebook. I hear birds chirping. And flies buzzing.
But, Instagram? I can do Instagram! I love that place! I get to see what most of you look like, and, for many of you, I can finally put a face to your lovely blog. I can also share a bit of me and my family with the rest of you.
Pinterest is another fave. I pin a lot. If I’m on your blog, I’m pinning. If it’s past midnight, I am pinning. If I’m bored watching Sesame Street, I’m pinning. You get the idea.
I also like Google+!
But, those other two! Ugh… I’ll work on it.
Maybe I should tell you a thing or two about this corn, ha? Well, it’s corn on the cob that I wrapped in foil together with whipped garlic-oregano butter. I threw the corn on the grill and 30 minutes later I sprinkled some goat cheese on top and inhaled ’em during a staring contest with Twitter. The end. 😀
- 4 ears fresh corn , cleaned
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic , finely minced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- goat cheese , optional
- Heat grill.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil large enough to completely wrap each ear of corn.
- Place each ear of corn in the center of a foil sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, oregano and garlic, and season with salt and pepper; using the back of a fork, mix it all together until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly divide and brush herb butter over entire ear of corn.
- Roll and completely cover with foil.
- Place wrapped corn on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 25 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- When done, open foil carefully and allow steam to escape.
- Drizzle corn with any remaining herb butter.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
WW SmartPoints: 5
Check out the rest of these Corn On The Cob varieties:
Sweet Corn On The Cob with Scallion, Herb and Lime Butter by Kate From Scratch
Grilled Corn On The Cob with Jalapeno-Lime Aioli and Parmesan Cheese by From Brazil To You
Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob by A Spicy Perspective
Elote (Mexican Grilled Corn) Recipe by Magnolia Days
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy