Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter – Fresh corn on the cob seasoned with garlic-butter and oregano.
You know, this past week I realized that I am terrible at using Social Media. Ter.rible! Twitter, in particular. I see people going on and on, talking about their day on Twitter, and I’m like, um…what?
In real life, that is, the life I have with you when we are face to face, I’m a talker. I talk. A lot. My husband talks a lot, as well, and we are always talking over each other. In the end, we have no idea what the other said. You should see our conversations. It’s comical, to say the least.
I only bring up this Twitter issue because the other day, while I was in a meeting with this Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter, I sat in front of my computer, watching the scroll on Twitter, and not knowing what to say. At all. That’s SO weird for me. I always, ALWAYS have something to say. Many times I have to tell myself to shut up. Seriously. I have to remind myself to stay calm and shut my trap.
This is not to say that I am any better on the other Social Network – Facebook. I hear birds chirping. And flies buzzing.
But, Instagram? I can do Instagram! I love that place! I get to see what most of you look like, and, for many of you, I can finally put a face to your lovely blog. I can also share a bit of me and my family with the rest of you.
Pinterest is another fave. I pin a lot. If I’m on your blog, I’m pinning. If it’s past midnight, I am pinning. If I’m bored watching Sesame Street, I’m pinning. You get the idea.
I also like Google+!
But, those other two! Ugh… I’ll work on it.
Maybe I should tell you a thing or two about this corn, ha? Well, it’s corn on the cob that I wrapped in foil together with whipped garlic-oregano butter. I threw the corn on the grill and 30 minutes later I sprinkled some goat cheese on top and inhaled ’em during a staring contest with Twitter. The end. 😀
Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter
- 4 ears fresh corn , cleaned
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic , finely minced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- goat cheese , optional
- Heat grill.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil large enough to completely wrap each ear of corn.
- Place each ear of corn in the center of a foil sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, oregano and garlic, and season with salt and pepper; using the back of a fork, mix it all together until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly divide and brush herb butter over entire ear of corn.
- Roll and completely cover with foil.
- Place wrapped corn on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 25 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- When done, open foil carefully and allow steam to escape.
- Drizzle corn with any remaining herb butter.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Check out the rest of these Corn On The Cob varieties:
Sweet Corn On The Cob with Scallion, Herb and Lime Butter by Kate From Scratch
Grilled Corn On The Cob with Jalapeno-Lime Aioli and Parmesan Cheese by From Brazil To You
Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob by A Spicy Perspective
Elote (Mexican Grilled Corn) Recipe by Magnolia Days