Lightened-Up Creamy Potato Salad Recipe – Whip up this lightened-up creamy potato salad packed with eggs, avocado and turkey bacon for your next summer picnic or barbecue!
Get ready because we’re about to lighten up this favorite potato salad with a mix of Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread + nonfat plain yogurt. Bam. That’s all there’s to it.
O-la friends! Clearly, I am all about salads right now. From pasta salads to potato salads, green salads, too – I’m definitely IN. I’m aso all about cold summer iced teas, ice creams, and flip flops. The best part is that I have like, four more salad recipes in my summer-blogging-arsenal. I often just get on a food streak and binge blog it.
This is the kind of salad you eat on a Sunday because, picnics and cookouts, BUT look forward to the few spoons of soggy leftovers that you will have on Monday.
No!? Am I REALLY the only one that likes a soggy salad?! Ha.
Well. Still. It’s the kind of salad that will make you feel all lovely inside because, again, it tastes like picnics and cookouts and that’s always an amazing feeling. Potato Salads + Summer were meant to be. ♥
They are like Ross and Rachel. Brenda and Dylan. Wayne and Garth!
… I desperately need to leave the ’90s …
Aaaaanyway. This recipe is a result of me standing in the kitchen with the fridge door(s) wide open, trying to figure out how to include all the avocados and Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread in a potato salad. I thought this cookout season I would avoid my usual vinegar and oil drenched salad variety, and punch up my potato salad with a creamy, but light delicious dressing. Thankfully, Hellmann’s delivered, once again.
This dressing is so, so simple, and as long as you don’t tell anyone that there’s yogurt in it until they’re done eating it, it’s all good!
A dressing of nonfat yogurt mixed with Hellmann’s new Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread replaces the heavier dressings found in a traditional potato salad, but it’s still just as good. I promise. Besides, their new Dressing and Sandwich Spread is still just as rich and creamy as you’d expect, but free from cholesterol, eggs, and artificial colors and flavors.
I can’t help but love potato salad. It’s simple, it’s summery, it’s fresh and zesty, and you can add a million things to it, just as I did. This combination is everything my heart ever wanted in the homemade no-mayo potato salad food department and we loved it.
You are also GONNA LOVE IT.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 3 pounds small red-potatoes , washed and scrubbed
- 4 slices turkey bacon , cooked to a desired crispness and crumbled
- 4 hard boiled eggs , diced
- 1 avocado , diced
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup Hellmann's Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread
- ½ cup Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon , for garnish
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Salt the water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and put the potatoes under cold running water for a few minutes, or until cooled off.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon, diced eggs, diced avocado, and sliced green onions to the bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Hellmann's Dressing & Sandwich Spread, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently mix and stir the dressing into the previously prepared salad.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and crumbled bacon.