Ready in 15 minutes, these juicy, flaky, and flavorful air fryer salmon bites are the perfect foolproof appetizer or salad topper for your busiest days. Cooking salmon bites in an air fryer is a great way to achieve a deliciously crispy texture while keeping the inside moist and delicious.
I can’t recommend these air fryer salmon bites enough. They are quick and easy and come out perfectly delicious every time. The salmon itself is enough to make you swoon. It’s tender, juicy, and flaky, thanks to the air fryer, and the seasoning is plain incredible! Deeply savory with warm, smoky notes from the cumin and smoked paprika and then just a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar. It’s truly addicting.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Quick and easy. This recipe literally only takes 15 minutes, and the instructions are straightforward and totally foolproof. Anyone can do it!
- Each bite is perfectly cooked. The air fryer circulates hot air evenly around each bite-sized piece, yielding wonderfully consistent results.
- Versatile. This is a great baseline recipe to be adjusted to fit your taste preferences.
Salmon Bites Ingredients
- Seasoning mix: Brown sugar, mustard powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
- Salmon: You’ll want to remove the skin and cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes.
- Olive oil
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Season the salmon. Whisk together the ingredients for the seasoning and toss the salmon cubes with olive oil and seasoning.
- Air fry. Arrange the salmon in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer and air fry at 400°F for 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. If the salmon isn’t done to your liking, add a couple of extra minutes.
- Even pieces. Cut the salmon into even-sized pieces. Otherwise, they won’t all be done cooking at the same time.
- Preheat the air fryer. It can be tempting just to load up the air fryer and cook but, trust me, you want to preheat it first. It only takes a few minutes and will start your salmon at a higher temperature, allowing it to crisp up properly and cook according to the time prescribed in the recipe.
- Don’t crowd the basket. This is a big one. You want there to be a bit of space between each salmon bite. If they are too close together, the hot air from the air fryer will not be able to circulate properly around each. This will end you with unevenly cooked salmon and will rob you of the subtle crisp you’re looking for.
- Checking for doneness. The cooking time can vary depending on the size of the salmon bites and the air fryer model, but it generally takes about 6 to 10 minutes. Salmon is cooked through when it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F.
I have been serving these salmon bites with a simple Honey Mustard Sauce, but they are also an awesome addition to your favorite salad, rice, or pasta. Scatter a handful or two over my Lemon Kale Caesar Salad, a portion of Instant Pot Jasmine Rice, or my Creamy Lemon One-Pot Pasta.
How to Store and Reheat Extras
- To store. Allow the salmon bites to cool completely before sealing them in an airtight container and storing them in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- To reheat. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, arrange the salmon bites in the basket of the air fryer, and cook for 3 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
More Salmon Recipes to Try
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been on a salmon kick. Here are some of my other absolute favorite salmon-centric recipes for you to try out.
- Chopped Salmon Salad
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Salmon Burgers
- Salmon in Sundried Tomato Sauce
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Prosciutto Wrapped Salmon Skewers
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh salmon filet, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Make the seasoning. Whisk together the brown sugar, dried mustard powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
- Season the salmon. Place the salmon cubes in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the seasoning mixture, and toss to coat the salmon cubes thoroughly.
- Load the air fryer. Carefully arrange the seasoned salmon cubes in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. Don’t crowd the basket. If you need to fry in batches, do it.
- Air fry. Air fry the salmon at 400°F for 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The salmon should easily flake apart when poked with a fork. If it doesn’t, fry for an additional minute or two. Repeat until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Start by preheating your air fryer because preheating helps cook the salmon evenly.
- Cut Evenly: Cut the salmon into uniform cubes to prevent some pieces from being overcooked while others are still underdone.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Arrange the salmon bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and less crispiness. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Shake or Flip: Halfway through cooking, gently shake the basket or flip the salmon bites. This helps them brown and crisp up evenly on all sides.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time can vary depending on the size of your salmon bites and the air fryer model, but it generally takes about 6 to 10 minutes. The salmon is done when it easily flakes with a fork and has reached an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.