So 2013 is here. For reals.
I have been writing 2012 on my bank deposits, checks, bills… Few of these companies have called me back to make the necessary corrections…
Today, us, old calendar peoples, are celebrating the arrival of the New Year. I think as of today I will be able to jot down the correct date – it always takes me about two weeks to get used to the number-change.
Also, as of today, I will feel that much more pressure to make some personal changes. I need something new, you know? Anything. But, I have a love and hate relationship with change; I love to find out the unknown, but hate not knowing the unknown. Make sense? As soon as I figure out the changes that I want to make, I will let you know.
However, looks like there’s one thing I won’t be changing; my love for desserts. That was a conscious decision. It always is.
Wishing I had a piece of this cheesecake to celebrate that decision…
I made this Banana Foster Cheesecake for a get-together with my aunt’s family. They dubbed me as the cheesecake dessert queen. I simply dub me as just the dessert fiend. Give me cake or give me death!
This was one of those, let me throw my favorite things together, banana foster sauce and cheesecake, and hope for a positive outcome. I do that quite often – most of the time it works, but there are those times that it doesn’t. Cranberry white hot chocolate anyone? Ewwwww! I really need to forget about that experience.
There are a couple of variations to this dessert: You may want to go ahead with the layer of pudding, or not. That is your decision. Also, you may or may not want to fold in 1/2 cup of banana foster into the cream cheese mixture. Again, that’s up to you. For a prettier presentation, serve the banana foster on top of the frozen cheesecake slice. It’s mahvelous…
- 9 graham crackers , finely ground
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 packages (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 bananas , sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9x9 inch dish or pan.
- Put the dish in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes and the milk for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- Spread the pudding over the graham cracker crust.
- Put back in the freezer.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and the powdered sugar; beat until well blended.
- Add in the whipped topping and vanilla; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pudding layer.
- Put it back in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the light brown sugar and let cook until bubbly.
- Pour in the heavy cream; stir and continue cooking.
- Mix in the bananas and pecans; continue to cook until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and spread over the cheesecake.
- Cut the cheesecake into bars and serve.
- You can also serve the banana foster on the side.
There are a couple of variations to this dessert: You may want to go ahead with the layer of pudding, or not. That is your decision. Also, you may or may not want to fold in 1/2 cup of banana foster into the cream cheese mixture. Again, that’s up to you. For a prettier presentation, serve the banana foster sauce on the side and spoon as much of it as one desires.
WW SmartPoints: 24
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy