Moist, spicy and sweet Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with a delectable Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.
I can’t believe I lasted this long to finally share my first of the season pumpkin recipe. With Fall only one week away, I think this is as good time as any to start stuffing your beautiful face with pumpkin anything, but you need to start with these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting. Oh me gosh! The frosting… unbelievable!
But, you know what… there’s a really awesome story behind these spicy and sweet, mouthwatering little cakes. I am sharing my favorite cupcake recipe with you to help spread the word for a great cause!
For this blog post, I teamed up with in support of, Bake a Difference. In return, OXO will donate $100.00 per post to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a non-profit organization founded in 2008 by two OXO employees, inspired by their son’s battle with cancer.
This year OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. For every specially marked item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. (Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers.)
If you would like to help, please keep an eye out for this sticker !
To help me along the way with these cupcakes, OXO sent me a fabulous prize pack which included these beautiful
, and a cupcake corer. Honestly, up until now, I’ve only used an apple corer to do that job – I’m so bootleg, I know – but now I feel like a fancy baker with her own kitchen tools made specially for cupcake making! YAY ME! And I am in love with this little tool!! It does the job, seamlessly.
This is a cupcake recipe that everyone needs to have. Pumpkin season should not start without them. They’re truly decadent! The frosting just takes them way over the top. Like, BEYOND! Grab the kiddos, or the cats, whatever floats in your kitchen, and whip these up, stat!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter , room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pumpkin Candies (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 12-cup cupcake pan with cooking spray and line with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture; stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter on low speed until smooth.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- When the cupcakes are cool, take a cupcake corer, set it in the center of the cupcake and gently twist into the cupcake, about half-way through and take it out.
- Attach a large plain tip to your pastry bag.
- Fill the pastry bag with prepared frosting.
- Insert the tip of the pastry bag inside the hole that you previously emptied and fill it.
- Continue to frost the top of the cupcakes and decorate with pumpkin candies.
Inspired by Ina Garten
WW SmartPoints: 17
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy