Caramel Pecan Pie Bars – Buttery crust topped with a decadent caramel mixture, a layer of pecans and a white chocolate drizzle.
Happy start to the week, you guys! Let’s make it a great one, starting with these Caramel Pecan Pie Bars!
Also? We have to discuss.
There’s this thing in the world… it’s called crazy Christmas shoppers!
You guys, oh my GOSH! I was run over by grandma’s reindeer, elbowed by someone’s evil twin – literally – the other twin was standing next to her and apologized – aaaaand a rude little girl shoved me to get the last Olaf 2-inch-tall toy.
What’s worse is that all this happened at a children’s toy store! You know the one…
I refuse to go back out there. For now.
Should’ve stayed home and feasted on a few of these dreamy pie bars, again.
The very back of my pantry is like a treasure box. The things you find in there are always just the right ingredients for something really, really bad.
And by bad, I mean something really, really GREAT! I mean gooey stuff. Chocolaty stuff. Stuff with pecans and caramel and butter.
These pie bars are the result of that stuff.
The bars are simple, but decadent. With a thick layer of buttery crust, a gooey caramel filling, and some crunchy pecans on top, it’s the kind of dessert that screams for coffee, but would also settle for a cup of tea.
Eggnog is good, too. I’d dip it in there and have a wonderful time!
For the sake of Christmas, for the sake of the Season, ya gotta make this. Also, for the sake of balance, can I suggest a Pomegranate Citrus Quinoa Salad? That’s some really good stuff, too.
Have a wonderful week and call me when these are in the oven, m’kay? Thanks!
Caramel Pecan Pie Bars
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2- cup powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) cold butter, cut in pieces
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup caramel bits , chopped
- 1 bag (4-ounces) pecan halves
- 1/2- cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and powdered sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- Press dough into a 13x9-inch ungreased glass baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend for 10 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped caramel bits.
- Remove baking dish from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust.
- Layer pecans over the filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edges of the dessert and let cool.
- Prepare the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Combine white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until almost melted.
- Stir with a spoon until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle over the dessert.
- When cooled, cut into bars and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.