Caramel Pecan Pie Bars – Buttery crust topped with a decadent caramel mixture, a layer of pecans and a white chocolate drizzle.
Happy start to the week, you guys! Let’s make it a great one, starting with these Caramel Pecan Pie Bars!
Also? We have to discuss.
There’s this thing in the world… it’s called crazy Christmas shoppers!
You guys, oh my GOSH! I was run over by grandma’s reindeer, elbowed by someone’s evil twin – literally – the other twin was standing next to her and apologized – aaaaand a rude little girl shoved me to get the last Olaf 2-inch-tall toy.
What’s worse is that all this happened at a children’s toy store! You know the one…
I refuse to go back out there. For now.
Should’ve stayed home and feasted on a few of these dreamy pie bars, again.
The very back of my pantry is like a treasure box. The things you find in there are always just the right ingredients for something really, really bad.
And by bad, I mean something really, really GREAT! I mean gooey stuff. Chocolaty stuff. Stuff with pecans and caramel and butter.
These pie bars are the result of that stuff.
The bars are simple, but decadent. With a thick layer of buttery crust, a gooey caramel filling, and some crunchy pecans on top, it’s the kind of dessert that screams for coffee, but would also settle for a cup of tea.
Eggnog is good, too. I’d dip it in there and have a wonderful time!
For the sake of Christmas, for the sake of the Season, ya gotta make this. Also, for the sake of balance, can I suggest a Pomegranate Citrus Quinoa Salad? That’s some really good stuff, too.
Have a wonderful week and call me when these are in the oven, m’kay? Thanks!
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2- cup powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) cold butter, cut in pieces
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup caramel bits , chopped
- 1 bag (4-ounces) pecan halves
- 1/2- cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and powdered sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the butter pieces are the size of small peas.
- Press dough into a 13x9-inch ungreased glass baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend for 10 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped caramel bits.
- Remove baking dish from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust.
- Layer pecans over the filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edges of the dessert and let cool.
- Prepare the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Combine white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until almost melted.
- Stir with a spoon until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle over the dessert.
- When cooled, cut into bars and serve.
Make sure to chop the caramel bits or they won't completely melt while baking.
WW SmartPoints: 4
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy