Gluten free and delicious Peanut Butter Bars topped with all the sweet Samoa cookie fixings!
You guys… In Britney’s words, “Oops, I did it again!”
Get this. I clicked “add friend” on a Facebook profile that I should NOT even be visiting, let alone befriending!! Ugh. You’ve also done that, right? RIGHT?
Gurrrrrl, you have no idea how fast I started to move, looking for an option to undo the damage. All this was happening on my phone at like midnight or so. Do you know how hard it is to focus on finding that other option when you are incredibly frantic? Sheeesh!
But, you know… I was bored. I couldn’t sleep. FB-stalking was the next best thing.
Also? Can I share with you a story about a squirrel and these Samoa Peanut Butter Bars?
K. So. I made these awesome bars, and because Antarctica decided to move into Indiana, aaaaand because I wanted the Samoa bars to cool off ASAP, I set the pan outside, on my snow covered porch. About 30 minutes later I went back to get the pan, but the pan was not where I left it.
After realizing my dumb move and praying that there was no raccoons around, I started my search, when in the corner of my eye I spotted a squirrel hugging the pan and just going at it! Her eyes were moving so fast, looking left to right, almost as if she was making sure that noone was about to come and take her prize.
I don’t know about you, but I would never try to come in between an animal and its food. Ever. I don’t care how small that animal is. Funny thing is that the squirrel left with the pan. I have no idea where the pan is, and I just hope that squirrels and chocolate get along.
Thus, lesson learned. Few days later I made the bars again, but this time I just let them cool off inside the house.
About these lovelies; inspired by my 2-Ingredient Nutella Brownies, and by all my bloggy friends’ Samoa adaptations, I created these delicious Samoa Peanut Butter Bars and ate half the pan! I really did. I am SO thankful for my treadmill!
I highly encourage you to make these over the weekend. They are not crazy sweet, but they are super delicious and also chewy! Like, in a good way.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , chopped, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) bag Caramel Candies, unwrapped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place the eggs in your mixer's bowl and beat for 8 minutes, or until eggs have tripled in size.
- Heat Peanut Butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Slowly pour a stream of the warm Peanut Butter over the eggs, beating until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of chopped chocolate chips on top of Peanut Butter mixture; set aside.
- Combine caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until melted, stirring constantly; about 5 minutes.
- Use 1 cup of prepared caramel sauce and spread it over the chopped chocolate chips.
- (Store any remaining caramel sauce in the fridge and use it as a topping for ice creams, cakes, cookies, etc...)
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over caramel sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with very few crumbs.
- Remove and let completely cool before cutting.
- Melt the remaining chopped chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.
- Cut and Serve.
WW SmartPoints: 10
MORE SAMOAS-INSPIRED RECIPES:
Homemade Samoas Girl Scout Cookies from Just A Taste
Homemade Samoas Cookie Recipe from Bakers Royale
Mini Samoa Pies from Crazy for Crust
Girl Scout Cookie Samoa Shake from Dashing Dish
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy