Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Cake – This super easy, moist, airy, and ridiculously delicious Chocolate Fudge Cake is going to satisfy all your chocolate cravings!
This Chocolate Fudge Cake is also LOW-CARB, SUGAR-FREE, and really, really good!! Say whaaat?! I KNOW! Low-carb dessert lovers (and need-ers), rejoice, because our time for dessert has finally come. This is also great for those following a keto-diet.
And, since it’s chocolate cake in low-carb-form, ( and sugar free!! ) we all know what that means… we can EAT the whole damn thing! 😜
Ok… let’s compromise on half for me, half for you. 🤝 💞
My chocolate-addict of a husband has decided to go on an almost no-sugar kind of diet. He said he wants his 28-year old bod back… good luck, bud.
Therefore, being the good wife and friend that I am, I decided to play a bit in the kitchen and possibly create a Valentine’s Day dessert that wouldn’t interfere with his diet. The only way his journey will work is if there’s, one, support and, two, chocolate fudge cake.
Imagine a decadent chocolate cake that is a cross between a chocolate soufflé and fudge cake. That’s this cake wrapped in a nutshell. It will rise up and cook up like chocolate soufflé, but without the molten center. The texture is fudgy and denser than a soufflé dessert. Make sense? Coo’.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE A LOW CARB CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
Don’t worry – the ingredients are NOT anything fancy schmancy. You will need the following:
- unsweetened baking chocolate
- almond flour
- heavy cream
- cocoa powder
- and eggs
There’s only 1 or 2 ingredients up there that might not be in your pantry – almond flour and stevia. Put them on your grocery list, stat! 😘
HOW TO MAKE A LOW CARB CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
The one thing I couldn’t really skimp out on was the butter, and you will need quite a bit. 12 tablespoons… I KNOW! This cake serves about 6, which is equal to 2 tablespoons of butter per serving.
- You will melt the butter together with the baking chocolate.
- In the meantime, you’ll want to whip up the eggs for 5 minutes together with the sweetener.
- The butter mixture will also join the eggs, as well as the almond flour, cocoa powder, and heavy cream.
- You will continue to beat the mixture until well combined and starting to thicken.
- Transfer it to a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a water bath at 350F, or until center of cake has reached a temperature of 160F.
Scoop this cake straight out of the baking dish and serve it as is, or add a tablespoon of low carb whipped cream on top. The chocolate fudge cake tastes best while still warm.
NEED MORE HEALTHIER CHOCOLATE DESSERTS? GET ‘EM:
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Cake
Low Carb Chocolate Fudge Cake - This super easy, moist, airy, and ridiculously delicious Chocolate Fudge Cake is going to satisfy all your chocolate cravings!
- 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup stevia baking blend OR your choice of a sweetener for baking
- 1 1/2 cups hot boiling water
- low carb whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- mint leaves, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease a 2-quart oval au gratin dish and set aside.
Combine butter and chopped chocolate in a saucepan; set over low heat and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and vanilla.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
Place eggs in the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed for 1 minute.
Gradually add in stevia/sweetener and continue to beat on high speed for 5 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow.
Turn mixer speed to low and slowly add in the melted butter and chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
Gradually add in the almond flour mixture; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Set the mixer at medium speed and slowly add in the heavy cream mixture; continue to beat for 1 minute, or until thickened.
Transfer the cake batter to previously prepared baking dish.
Grab a sheet pan and pour the hot boiling water in it.
Set the baking dish in the water bath.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake is set, puffed up, and has reached 160F in the center.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Cake will deflate.
Scoop out cake into serving bowls.
Optionally, garnish with low carb whipped cream and mint leaves.
- Scoop this cake straight out of the baking dish and serve it as is, or add a tablespoon of low carb whipped cream on top.
- This chocolate fudge cake tastes best while still warm.
WW SMART POINTS: 18