Spinach and Four Cheese Ravioli Lasagna is made with layers of cheese-filled ravioli and fresh baby spinach covered in homemade alfredo sauce and topped with a crispy panko crumb-topping. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Spinach and Four Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
Because, sometimes a girl just wants pasta. Stacked. With alfredo sauce bubbling all around it. NYUM!
And because it’s Sunday and Sundays should be decadent.
Hello and HAPPY Sunday, friends! How is your weekend treating you? How was your Saturday night? We went to a Mariano’s last night – wooot wooot! hard core partiers!! *insert sarcasm emoji* – and after sampling all the free food, I was simply stuffed. Our dining-out dinner plans didn’t even happen because I was so full.
If I may ask, why does free food taste SOOOO much better? And why do people stop at just ONE sample? I took like three bacon-wrapped somethings, four different cheesecakes, like a dozen little smokies wrapped in cheese, and a few mini burritos to-go. Them things were GOOD! I washed it all down with a bottle of Evolution’s green juice. It’s all about that balance. 😉
This Ravioli Lasagna Recipe Is So Creamy And Cheesy
Also. During this beautiful Summer season all I want are crisp, fresh things. Things like popsicles and shrimp and salad…! However, once in a while, I start to crave cheese soup and casseroles. Which makes me think that I’m a complete weirdo because THIS is Indiana – The 8-months-of-Winter-State-Of-Indiana. I feel like telling myself to get out there and GRILL every day, buuuuut I really, reaaaaalllly wanted a big chunk of creamy, cheesy lasagna. So I made it happen and it was as beautiful and as delicious as I had imagined it.
This Lightened Up Ravioli Lasagna Has The Best Alfredo Sauce
Honestly, I’m just trying to make a case as to why YOU should turn on the oven in the middle of July.
We’re starting with our homemade LIGHTENED-UP (again, balance :-D) Alfredo Sauce. Theeeen, our pretty little sauce will swim around those delicious four-cheese ravioli, with layers of fresh spinach in between each layer, and a crispy mixture of panko crumbs-and-cheese to top it all off. Amazing, right?!? RIGHT!
Even My Husband Loves This Lasagna Recipe
Taking this stacked beauty out of the oven will have boys (read; my husband) jumping up and down in your kitchen. It smells great, it’s full of flavor pockets, and there’s a delicious tang from the alfredo sauce. The crispy crumb-topping is a waaaay delicious bonus!
Since it’s summer, adding a dollop of plain yogurt on top of your slice is totally the right move. Just a thought. I always do it.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Spinach and Four Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE
YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE TWO BATCHES OF THE ALFREDO SAUCE - DOUBLING THE RECIPE WILL NOT WORK!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain , nonfat yogurt
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
FOR THE PASTA
- 1 package (20-ounces) refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
- 1 bag (8 to 10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4- cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
PREPARE THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in flour; stir until combined.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable broth.
- Cook and whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture boils and thickens; remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
- Whisk in yogurt; continue to whisk until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauce will continue to thicken as it stands. If sauce is too thick, add a little water.
ASSEMBLE THE INGREDIENTS
- Smooth about 3/4-cup of the alfredo sauce over the bottom of the previously prepared casserole dish.
- Layer 1/3 of the ravioli over the sauce.
- Layer 1/2 of the baby spinach over the ravioli.
- Spoon 1/3 of the remaining alfredo sauce over the spinach.
- Layer half of the remaining ravioli; top with remaining spinach and spoon half of the remaining alfredo sauce over the spinach.
- Finish off with a layer of ravioli and smooth remaining alfredo sauce over the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine panko crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle panko crumbs mixture over the ravioli.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand few minutes.
- Cut and serve.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love