You guys, I’m SO glad you’re here! This week was ridiculawzzz! <— (I’m trying to stay on the edge of cool. I saw that spelling on my little cousin’s Facebook Page. She’s 14. That’s how high-schoolers talk diz dayz).
So. I need about a bottle of wine for each day to get over this cray cray week.
Just so you know what I’m talking about; I was at the pediatrician’s five times in 7 days. It involved a baby, a splinter, a removing of splinter, and an ear infection.
Didn’t I say it was ridiculous!
But, all is well now. Thank goodness! Um… Where’s the cognac? Bottle of wine may not work…
Making this Roasted Vegetable Salad came more as a, we need something damn delicious and quick, during that whole chaos. Few days prior, I went to the market and bought a ton of fruits and veggies. Seriously, a ton is not an exaggeration. I don’t know when to stop when I go to the farmer’s market. All those beautiful colors make me slaphappy! I can’t help but buy every.thing.
Then, I come home and roast everything in sight. Or grill. Depending on the day’s mood. This day it was raining out, so I roasted most of the veg that was taking space in my fridge.
And then, I did this thing… I made the best freakin’ honey mustard dressing that I have ever made. The Best. Honestly. This stuff is amaaaaze! I could, like, hang with it all day and just sip on it. Really, you should just print this salad dressing recipe and put it up on your fridge. You’ll need it for every salad that you are going to make this summer.
You should also print the recipe to this roasted vegetable salad – you are going to thank me later for making that suggestion.
P.S. Dear Dads, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!
- 1- pound large brussels sprouts , quartered
- 1- pound asparagus , ends trimmed
- 2 red bell peppers , julienned
- 3 cups roughly chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- salt , to taste
- freshly ground peppercorns , to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line two baking sheets with foil; set aside.
- Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper, to evenly coat.
- Spread the vegetables on baking sheets in one layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally for even cooking.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove vegetables from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with prepared dressing.
Can be served as a side dish to any meal, or enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner.
WW SmartPoints: 5
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy