This easy chicken drumsticks recipe is loaded with flavor and made in the crock pot for a simple, no-fuss dinner.
Hiiiiii. How are you? How goes it? WOOHOO for the weekend! SO happy you’re here!!
Summer has definitely arrived and it is HOT up in hurr. It went from 72 degrees to 93, over night. Why does it have to be like that?! I need a happy medium. Say, 82 degrees.
82 degrees = Happiness, to me. 93 degrees = TORCHer.
I’m also preparing to host my daughter’s 4th birthday party, outside. Today. And we don’t have a pool. Which is why I’m also working on making a trash bag slip and slide as we speak.
And did I mention that using your crock pot/slow cooker thingamajig is the smartest thing during the Summer?! Yah, it is. It’s too hot to turn on the oven! Kick back, relax, and let your crock pot do all the work. Like, it can make you these Citrus-Soy Chicken Drumsticks without heating up your house. So smart.
Ugh. I slathered the most amazing concoction on these babes. They are the best thing of life. The best news? They’re not fried and you won’t miss that mess once you try them.
The sauce tho. It’s a combination of soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and lemon juice. What’s more is that these drumsticks sit on top of orange slices while they cook. EEEEP! It’s fantastically FANtastic.
Now that I’ve said all that I had to say, I’m gonna go continue working on my slip and slide, while creating a playlist of all the 90s songs that I can find. This birthday party is going to be epic!!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Crock Pot Citrus-Soy Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 1 orange , thinly sliced
- *8 to 10 chicken drumsticks (enough to cover the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- slices of green onions , optional
- sesame seeds , optional
- Arrange the orange slices on the bottom of the crock pot in one layer.
- In a large plate or a mixing bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper; toss the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Add chicken to the crock pot in one single layer.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic; mix well until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and brush it all around the pieces.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for about 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken is cooked.
- Uncover and gently stir; let stand 10 minutes.
- Garnish with slices of green onions and sesame seeds.
A chicken leg with skin intact is 260 calories. Nutritional Information is based on Chicken Drumsticks with skin on. Adapted from Food Network
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.