Sweet, soft and moist Cake made with fresh Pears and topped with a delicious Lemon Glaze.
Uh-oh! Are you seeing what I’m seeing? Does this look similar to that delicious Fig and Lemon Cake? Why, yes, yes it does!
Looks like I’ve developed an obsession with making cakes in my skillet. Can’t get enough of my skillet. And cakes!
First and foremost, this Pear Cake with Lemon Glaze should feed between 6 and 8 people. IT fed the 4 of us – my hubby, my Mama, my Tato (Dad), and yours truly. We polished it. Down to the last crumb, we inhaled it all.
And, if we are talking favorite cakes, like of all time, this one will have to be in my top 5. Maybe even in the top 3. Actually, I don’t even know what cake is in the number 1 spot, so…
Speaking of, I’m so indecisive. Don’t ever ask me to make you my IT meal. I can’t decide what my IT meal is! Or ask me to choose between a sofa and a sofa. Orrrr my favorite color! Ugh! I am baaaaad at making the final decision. In business, I’m the first one to sign my name in blood to the decisions I make, but in my personal life, I’m like a litte girl – I end up asking my 4-year old for her opinion on what insurance company I should go with… I’m telling you, I am horrible at decision-time.
But, if I did know how to come to the final answer, I would choose this as YOUR favorite cake! 😉 No, for reals, now. This cake rocks! It’s super-delicious. I mean, SO! GOOD! It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It is moist, but dense, and the pears bring it all together, adding a beautiful, smooth flavor to this amazing treat.
If I were you, I’d drop everything that I’m doing right now, including my Pinterest session, and I would jump into the kitchen to make this awesomeness! It comes together fairly quickly – under 1 hour from start to finish.
Pear Cake with Lemon Glaze
For the Cake
- 2 pears , sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter , plus more to butter the skillet
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter an 8-inch cast-iron skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sliced pears and lemon juice; toss together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until mixed.
- Mix in vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Set your mixer on the lowest setting and slowly add in the flour mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add half of the pear slices to the cake batter and fold them in.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter evenly and smooth it out.
- Add the rest of the pear slices on top and push them into the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool.
Prepare the glaze.
- Combine milk, lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly just until combined and no lumps appear.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Cut and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 11
Check out more Skillet Cakes from these fabulous bloggers:
Peach Thyme Skillet Cake from Jelly Toast
Nectarine Skillet Cake from Love and Cupcakes
Chocolate Caramel Banana Upside Down Skillet Cake from Mind Over Batter
Skillet Chocolate Cake from Cookies and Cups