Skillet Shrimp Fajitas Recipe – Sizzling hot fajitas with juicy shrimp, flavorful bell peppers and onions, all tossed in a homemade fajitas seasoning mix. This is an easy, quick, and delicious shrimp fajitas dinner prepared in just one skillet!
Need dinner in under 30 minutes?! You’ve come to the right place! Shrimp Fajitas are the perfect quick and healthy one pan meal for busy weeknights.
Considering that I shared my recipe for Strawberry Beer Margaritas the other day, this fajitas concoction was the best way to follow up because Fajitas + Margaritas make my life go round and round. 😀
That’s NOT to say that my Steak Fajitas don’t also go with my Margaritas. They do and they are BOMB. I promise.
Additionally, me thinks that these Shrimp Fajitas will be your new favorite weeknight dinner.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHRIMP FAJITAS?
We are going to start this meal by preparing our Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix.
- You will need to combine chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, dried oregano, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper. Click on the link above OR in the recipe box below for the entire ingredients and directions.
- Next, we are going to oil a skillet, chop up some bell peppers and onions, season them with the prepared seasoning, and them to our hot skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the skillet, toss shrimp with the seasoning mix, and give them a couple minutes of cooking time, or until they turn pink.
And that’s it! This should take you about 25 minutes, prep time included.
You can serve Shrimp Fajitas on whole wheat flour tortillas, also in a salad, or over rice and beans. Orrrr! Do what I do and eat ’em straight from the skillet, standing above the stove. They taste better that way. 😀
LOOKING FOR MORE FAJITAS RECIPES?
- Chicken and Rice Fajitas in Foil
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Crock Pot Beef Fajitas
- Ranch Chicken Fajita Bowls
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sizzling hot fajitas with juicy shrimp, flavorful bell peppers and onions, all tossed in a homemade fajitas seasoning mix. This is an easy, quick, and delicious shrimp fajitas dinner prepared in just one skillet!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Fajitas Seasoning Mix divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp peeled, tails removed, and deveined
- 2 to 3 colorful bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 8 (6-inch) Whole Wheat Low Carb Flour Tortillas** warm
- 1 lime, quartered
- Shredded Cheese optional
- Sour Cream optional
- Avocado slices optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a cast iron skillet, if you have one.
Add bell peppers and onion; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
Remove vegetables from skillet and transfer to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the rest of the olive oil and shrimp; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pink.
Stir in the previously prepared veggies; continue to cook for about 30 seconds, or until everything is heated through.
Spoon prepared veggies and shrimp on warm whole wheat tortillas.
Optionally, top with cheese, sour cream and avocado.
Serve with lime.
Garnishes and extra fixings are not included in the Nutrition Facts.
**If watching your sodium intake, use 6-inch Mission white corn tortillas because one contains 10 mg of sodium. Flour tortillas are 250 mg per tortilla, and up.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 9