Ranch-Chicken Fajita Bowls – Strips of chicken, peppers and onions tossed with ranch dressing and served with rice.
Hi, pals!!! Happy Sunday! How are YOU? How was your wonderful holiday-weekend?
I ain’t gonna lie. I am still in a post-Thanksgiving food coma. My God, why did I eat so much?! It hurts!
Remember when we were 20 and could eat all the things in the world? Then, we’d go back for seconds just an hour later!? Those were the times…
Nowadays, one round of everything on the table and I’m crying of heartburn, bloating, etc…
Did I tell you that I am only 23? Yep. And that ain’t a lie. 😉
In the meantime, Ranch Chicken Fajita Bowls are on the menu!
Do you know just how good these Bowls are?? I hope so! My Mom introduced us to Fajita Bowls waaaay back in the day when she’d make her awesome Saucy Chicken. I know Chipotle serves them, of course, but Mom’s are always better. 🙂
I remember she would make the delicious chicken and then serve it atop some rice for a hearty meal. I also recall my dad reaching over for the tortillas; he just couldn’t do without them.
While my recipe doesn’t differ greatly from my Mom’s, I prefer mine just a tad bit more because, well, Ranch. I love that stuff. I could bathe in it if it wasn’t so wrong.
But, instead of a bath, I just stir it into my chicken and am satisfied. And I don’t smell on buttermilk. Well, my breath does, so… EW.
If you’re running out of time, make this A.S. on.the. P. It doesn’t even take 30 minutes. Just dump it all in the skillet and let it go… just like Elsa. Let it do its thing. In the meantime, prepare some rice to go with it.
Also? If you’re like my dad, reach over for the tortillas. It’s all good. Ain’t nobody gonna judge.
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups prepared rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- pound skinless , boneless chicken breast strips
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red , yellow, or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips OR you can use a combination of all 3, amounting to about 3 cups of pepper strips.
- 1 small yellow onion , sliced
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use white cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- 6- inch whole wheat tortillas , optional
- sour cream , optional
- Cook rice and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Season chicken strips with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Add to skillet and cook 1 minute per side.
- Add peppers and onions; continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and salsa to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add ranch dressing; stir until well combined. (You can use less or more Ranch)
- Stir in lime juice.
- Top with cilantro or parsley and cheese.
- Serve as is or divide mixture between tortillas and top with sour cream.
WW SmartPoints: 10
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy