These easy Ranch-Chicken Fajita Bowls are made with delicious strips of chicken, peppers and onions tossed with ranch dressing and served with rice. It’s a healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
If you love fajita recipes as much as I do, you should also try my easy Crock Pot Steak Fajitas and these Chicken and Rice Fajitas in Foil.
Ranch-Chicken Fajita Bowls
Hi, pals!!! Happy Sunday! How are YOU? How was your wonderful holiday-weekend?
I ain’t gonna lie. I am still in a post-Thanksgiving food coma. My God, why did I eat so much?! It hurts!
Remember when we were 20 and could eat all the things in the world? Then, we’d go back for seconds just an hour later!? Those were the times…
Nowadays, one round of everything on the table and I’m crying of heartburn, bloating, etc…
Did I tell you that I am only 23? Yep. And that ain’t a lie. 😉
As of tomorrow, I’m going to reintroduce myself to Mango Spinach Salads and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.
And Sweet Potato Ginger Snap Cookie Trifles for dessert.
In the meantime, Ranch Chicken Fajita Bowls are on the menu!
Chicken Fajita Bowls Are One Of My Favorite One Pot Meals
Do you know just how good these Bowls are?? I hope so! My Mom introduced us to Fajita Bowls waaaay back in the day when she’d make her awesome Saucy Chicken. I know Chipotle serves them, of course, but Mom’s are always better. 🙂
I remember she would make the delicious chicken and then serve it atop some rice for a hearty meal. I also recall my dad reaching over for the tortillas; he just couldn’t do without them.
While my recipe doesn’t differ greatly from my Mom’s, I prefer mine just a tad bit more because, well, Ranch. I love that stuff. I could bathe in it if it wasn’t so wrong.
But, instead of a bath, I just stir it into my chicken and am satisfied. And I don’t smell on buttermilk. Well, my breath does, so… EW.
How Long Do These Chicken Fajita Bowls Take To Make?
If you’re running out of time, make this A.S. on.the. P. It doesn’t even take 30 minutes. Just dump it all in the skillet and let it go… just like Elsa. Let it do its thing. In the meantime, prepare some rice to go with it.
Also? If you’re like my dad, reach over for the tortillas. It’s all good. Ain’t nobody gonna judge.
Ranch-Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups prepared rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- pound skinless , boneless chicken breast strips
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red , yellow, or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips OR you can use a combination of all 3, amounting to about 3 cups of pepper strips.
- 1 small yellow onion , sliced
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use white cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- 6- inch whole wheat tortillas , optional
- sour cream , optional
- Cook rice and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Season chicken strips with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Add to skillet and cook 1 minute per side.
- Add peppers and onions; continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and salsa to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add ranch dressing; stir until well combined. (You can use less or more Ranch)
- Stir in lime juice.
- Top with cilantro or parsley and cheese.
- Serve as is or divide mixture between tortillas and top with sour cream.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
11 comments on “Ranch-Chicken Fajita Bowls”
Accidentally came across this recipe and it was absolutely delicious! Definitely going to make this again. The whole family loved it!
That’s great! I am very happy you enjoyed this recipe! Thank YOU! 🙂
Just made this dish and family loved it. We ate it with grilled tortillas and topped with ranch dressing. Kids thought it tasted like the rice from taco bell. Third dish I’ve tried from this website and all have been very good!
Thank you so, SO MUCH!!!
just curious, we made these tonight and when we sat down to eat I realized he didn’t put the salsa in. So, when did you put it in? He totally lost track of that ingredient because it isn’t listed in the directions. Thanks for the tip! Oh, we did love the bowl even though he forgot an ingredient! Thanks!
Hi Christine! Thanks for catching that!! The salsa should be stirred in together with the rice and cook it until just heated through. I’ll make the corrections in the recipe, asap. Thank YOU!
This looks so easy and delicious. I’ll definitely be making this one night soon.
I am so over Thanksgiving food, bring on the fajitas!! 😉
I’m right with you on the post-Thanksgiving food coma. But I’d be happy to stuff my face again with this fajita bowl. It looks way too delicious.
This looks way too good. I should not be craving this at 10 this morning.
I am 24 and I didn’t eat that much at all but the whole next day I felt stuffed. This looks like just the dish to get me feeling better!