Cajun Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls – Sticky, cajun-flavored chicken served over cauliflower rice with sweet mangoes, buttery avocado, and a creamy Lime Dressing that brings it all together.
This super delicious and healthy recipe delivers a quick lunch or dinner when you’re running short on time.
CAJUN CHICKEN CAULIFLOWER RICE BOWLS
Perfect recipe for meal prep or make ahead lunches, this Cajun Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl packs some really good flavors.
Chicken, peppers, mangoes, cauliflower, and avocados – it’s a full bowl of fresh veggies and fruits brimming with incredible flavors. Full meal in just one bowl at under 500 calories. 😍
Quick and easy recipes are my favorite – I think this is what everyone wants?! But, what I love about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time. The only rule I have is that, if making it for later, store the toppings and cauliflower rice separately. Then, you can just heat and assemble right before serving.
You do not want mushy food. Nor heated avocados and mangoes. 😕
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CAULIFLOWER RICE BOWLS
First, I am going to have you grab this recipe for Roasted Cajun Chicken Thighs. They are easy to make – just pop them in the oven – and they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days!
OR you can just fry them in a skillet and on the stovetop. Recipe instructions in the recipe box below.
Within that same post, you will notice that I also have a recipe for Cauliflower Rice. You can make that one, or try this classic Cauliflower Rice recipe.
The beauty about the above two recipes is that everything comes together in around 30 minutes, but only 10 minutes active time.
While those two are cooking, you can start chopping up the avocados, mangoes, and peppers. Set aside and work on the Dressing.
Only thing left to do is assemble the bowls, pour the dressing over, and dig in!
CREAMY LIME DRESSING
For the dressing, you will need:
- plain yogurt or sour cream
- lime juice and lime zest
- extra virgin olive oil
- white vinegar
- fresh cilantro (optional)
You’ll just whisk that all together and set aside until ready to use.
CAN I MAKE THIS WITH CHICKEN BREASTS?
Yes, but you will need to adjust the cooking time. Here’s my recipe for Easy Baked Chicken Breasts.
COOK’S NOTES ABOUT RICE BOWLS
Rice bowls or Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a very good idea for dinner or lunch because each family member can choose what they want in that bowl. You can play around with the fruits and veggies to suit anyone’s taste. I’m huge into mango, but my kids not so much. Avocado is my bestie, but the hubs is all about more chicken.
Also, Cajun Chicken bowls can be easily prepped and kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in airtight containers. Just as I said above, for best results, store all the ingredients separately. Check out these containers for easy meal-prep.
MORE RICE BOWLS RECIPES
- Pulled Tandoori Chicken Rice Bowls
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
- Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Ranch Chicken Fajita Bowls
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sticky, cajun-flavored chicken served over cauliflower rice with sweet mangoes, buttery avocado, and a creamy Lime Dressing that brings it all together.
- 6 (1.5 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, add more if you like it spicier or just adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (add more if you want/need to thin out the dressing)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with cajun seasoning and add to the skillet. DO NOT crowd the pan - for best results, cook in 2 batches.
- Cook chicken thighs for 5 minutes; flip and continue to cook 7 more minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
*You can also follow my recipe for ROASTED Cajun Chicken Thighs.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
Stir in cauliflower rice, season with a bit of salt and pepper, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Divide a layer of the Cauliflower Rice among 4 pasta bowls.
- Top with sliced chicken, avocado slices, pepper slices, chopped mango, and diced onions.
Drizzle the prepared Dressing over the chicken, fruits, and vegetables.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro/parsley.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 10
- Use chicken breasts and lower your points down to 7
If making the Cauliflower Rice Bowls for later, store the toppings, chicken thighs, and cauliflower rice separately.
Heat and assemble right before serving.
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!