Instant Pot Burrito Bowls Recipe – Quick and easy, healthy and cheesy burrito bowls prepared in the Instant Pot! Get ready for a fantastic lightened up meal that the whole family will love.
A delicious, protein packed Instant Pot Burrito Bowls dinner that’s perfect for those busy weeknights or Sunday get togethers! All you need is your instant pot and about 30 minutes, from start to finish. This is also a great recipe for those that are just beginning to use their Instant Pot because you just layer all your ingredients in the pot and let the IP do its thing.
When I first tried to make those Instant Pot Beef Burritos, it took me about 4 tries to finally get it right. However, what’s great about those 3 failed attempts is that I actually learned from my mistakes! ME! I can do that. Learn from my mistakes… what a profound conscious discovery…
Anywho. What I’m trying to get to is that this recipe took only 1 try to get it right. Woohooo! You don’t even know what that means to a person that tries to develop recipes, and how it affects (positively or negatively) their groceries-budget.
Unlike my beef burritos, for this recipe I used lean ground turkey, and kept the rest of the recipe relatively the same.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BURRITO BOWLS
- We will first sauté our onions and garlic inside the Instant Pot before sprinkling it all with my Homemade Fajitas Seasoning.
- We’re then going to add in some chicken broth, ground turkey, corn, beans, salsa, and rice.
- Next, we will set the pressure manually on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- When done, you will want to stir everything together and then transfer the prepared burrito filling inside your bowls.
- Finally, top the burrito bowls with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Dig in.
The Instant Pot Burrito Bowls Recipe makes a lot of food which is perfect for those that like to prepare their weekly meals ahead. All leftovers can be stored in airtight containers and kept in the fridge for an entire week.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Fajitas Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth divided
- 1 pound 98% lean ground turkey
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounces) corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 avocados, cut into slices
- 4 cups chopped salad
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole lime cut in segments, for serving
- finely chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute setting and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season with Fajitas Seasoning Mix; add in 1/4 cup of the chicken broth, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in the ground turkey, break it up with a wooden spoon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beans, corn, and salsa; stir until combined.
- Add the rice on top of the mixture, but don't stir.
- Add remaining broth over the rice.
- On manual setting, set the pressure on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Close and lock the lid. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 10 minutes to cook.
- When cooking time is complete, do a natural release for 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir. Place the lid back on (powered off) and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid; transfer the burrito mixture to serving bowls.
- Add avocado slices, chopped salad, cherry tomatoes, and shredded cheese over or around the burrito mixture.
- Squeeze lime juice over each bowl.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.