Instant Pot Beef Burritos Recipe – Filled with beef, rice, beans, corn and cheese, these Instant Pot burritos are simple, FAST, filling and packed with flavor! A perfect simple dinner idea for busy weeknights.
Tender and super flavorful, this pressure cooker / instant pot beef burrito filling has just the right amount of spice and it’s perfect for your taco or burrito night. Also, nothing can beat the cooking time!
Dear friends, I am Instant-Pot(ting) all.the.things! It’s almost unbelievable just how fast our meals can come together in this fancy little pot. The food is moist, juicy, and it just tastes SO good.
I now know why my mom swore by her pressure cooker when we were little. A home cooked meal was on the dinner table night after night because of her pressure cooker. Now it’s my turn. 😀
Although, I have to admit, I have always cooked and I am a huuuge fan of home cooked meals. Whether it’s fast or slow, I love to cook and always will. Stove top, oven, slow cooker, instant pot… I do not care so long as my food tastes as good as it can.
These Instant Pot Beef Burritos are the perfect weeknight meal that you can enjoy, wrapped up with lots (or less) of cheese, hot sauce, sour cream and lettuce. All optional toppings, but man do they go well with a hot wrapped burrito!
Here’s how all this is gonna go down:
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BEEF BURRITOS
- We will first sauté our onions and garlic in a bit of oil. A sprinkle of chili powder and cumin will be added to the pot, as well as a cup of broth.
- We’re then going to add in our ground beef, corn, beans, tomatoes, and rice.
- We are going to set the pressure manually on HIGH for 10 minutes. This means that it will take the instant pot/pressure cooker about 10 minutes to come to pressure, and then it will start the 10-minute cook time.
- When done, you will want to stir everything together and then fill up your flour tortillas with the filling.
- Optionally, you can top the burritos with hot sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce and sour cream.
Here’s one thing I gotta tell ya about the rice. I had to test this recipe 4 times because of the rice. White long grain rice didn’t cook through in the instant pot. The meat did, but the rice just wasn’t having it.
I then tried it with brown rice… that caused an even bigger headache. It was just as crunchy as before I “cooked” it.
Guess what DID work? JASMINE RICE. Aaaand, 5-minute brown rice. Putting the rice on top of everything was also a smart move. On the bottom, the rice burned fairly quickly and didn’t cook the rest of my food.
Beauty of this recipe is that it’s SO versatile. No ground beef? Use ground turkey! No tomatoes? Use salsa! Don’t want rice? Don’t use it! Hot sauce on the side? WHY NOT! Sour cream over the top? YAHS, please! Avocados? Of course!
Always make it your own because YOU are the one who is going to eat it.
LOOKING FOR MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES? TRY:
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Instant Pot Beef Burritos Recipe - Filled with beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, beans, corn and cheese, these Instant Pot burritos are simple, FAST, filling and packed with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounces) 15-ounces corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16-ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Turn the Instant Pot on saute setting and add the oil; once the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Season with chili powder and cumin; add in 1/4 cup of beef broth, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in the ground beef, break it up with a wooden spoon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beans, corn, and tomatoes; stir until combined.
- Add the rice on top of the mixture, but don't stir.
Add remaining broth over the rice.
On manual setting, set the pressure to HIGH for 10 minutes.
Close and lock the lid. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 10 minutes to cook.
Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then turn to quick release.
Remove the lid and stir. Place the lid back on (powered off) and let stand for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and divide mixture between low carb tortillas and top with your choice of toppings.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Wrap up the burritos and transfer to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Set under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
WW SMART POINTS: 8
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy