Pulled Tandoori Chicken Rice Bowls – Deliciously juicy chicken breasts cooked in tandoori marinade and served over flavorful lemon rice and a cucumber salad.
Close-up and in our face: PULLED Tandoori Chicken Rice Bowls! I know, so many things, flavors, and textures going on, but wait until you try it – you’ll be SO glad you did.
By the way, HELLO, dear friends! Happy Monday! Hope it’s a great start to the week for you, but please, don’t Monday too hard because I have tonight’s dinner for you, all written up and ready to be printed and shopped for.
You guys, this is possibly my new favorite way to make pulled chicken. As evidenced by recipes like my Lemongrass Grilled Chicken, I love love love marinades/sauces that come in these beautiful bottles by Private Selection.
The number one thing I love about this recipe? The Indian Inspired Tandoori Marinade by Private Selection, of course. With their focus on unique, yet approachable products, this marinade, while different and maybe intimidating for some, Private Selection has made it suuuuuper easy for all of us to give it a GO and love it!
Prepared with the traditional spices and ingredients of Indian cuisine, this marinade includes the beautiful, bold flavors of ginger, paprika, lemon and garlic, and it’s giving our chicken LIFE! In my humble opinion, marinades and sauces make the food world go round and round…
AND, thanks to the passionate foodies over at Private Selection for all the gourmet marinades and artisan foods, now we can all be what we clearly are: experienced and cultured.
The number two thing I love about this recipe? Spending about five minutes of hands-on time and eventually walking out to the table with a gorgeously saucy golden platter of chicken, like so:
But seriously, the five minute thing? You do need a bit of planning ahead because it marinates for a couple of hours, but just try to find something as delicious and as simple to prepare like THIS tandoori chicken that makes you look and sound like a worldly chef. Ya can’t!
These tender, juicy, flavor-pumpin’ chicken pieces are marinated and cooked in the tandoori marinade, and before the fork action starts, we are going to prepare some of my amazing Lemon Rice, and a simple side of cucumbers and carrots salad to go with all of it.
However, even if you are too busy for the rice and the salad, have no fear, pulled chicken and hamburger buns are near! Just pull the chicken apart with two forks, stick it in between the buns OR in a tortilla wrap and have a go at it. It’s just as delicious.
For those that do have a moment to spare, don’t skip the rice – it’s so, so wonderful, and it goes quite perfectly with all the flavors of the chicken.
Best part about all this is that the pulled tandoori chicken makes for a great getting-ready-for-the-week recipe that you can keep in the fridge to toss in salads, wraps, noodles and, of course, rice.
My husband finished up that WHOLE bowl… THAT was supposed to feed at least 2 adults. So, yeah, take his word for it and pick up a bottle of Private Selection’s Indian Inspired Tandoori Marinade so you can make this wonderful chicken dinner as soon as possible.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Deliciously juicy chicken breasts cooked in tandoori marinade and served over flavorful lemon rice and a cucumber salad.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Private Selection Indian Inspired Tandoori Marinade
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 English Cucumber , diced or cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 large carrot , diced or cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- lemon wedges , for serving
- Combine chicken and marinade in a sealable ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F.
- Remove from oven and shred it. Set aside.
FOR THE RICE
- Combine prepared rice, lemon zest, lemon juice, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
FOR THE SALAD
- Combine cucumbers, carrots, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix until well combined.
- Transfer prepared lemon rice to 4 bowls.
- Layer the chicken and salad over the rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
WW SMART POINTS: 11
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.