Lemongrass Grilled Chicken – Spicy and SO delicious lemongrass-marinated chicken grilled to a juicy and tender perfection!
Friday! Bam. You sneaky thing, I love you!
Friends! I love you, too! Thank you for always stopping by! Today I greet you with a super flavorful and juicy lemongrass grilled chicken that is going to become your weekend-grilling favorite.
Thanks to Private Selection for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
On the weekends, I’m almost always tempted to go out for dinner, but when I know I can grill something super fast that involves perfectly marinated chicken layered with a Vietnamese-inspired Spicy Lemongrass Marinade, that’s it right there. End of story. We’re staying in and grubbing on all of it.
Guys, thanks to Private Selection, I can finally introduce you to my lil’ friend, Private Selection’s Spicy Lemongrass Marinade.
LEMONGRASS GRILLED CHICKEN
You know how at times we feel intimidated by foreign or new-to-us ingredients? And because of that intimidation, we never try to make anything like it at home? Well! Private Selection has taken care of that part for us because to make this Lemongrass Grilled Chicken, all you will need now is all inside that pretty little bottle! THIS buddy needs to find itself on your shelves at home as soon as you can get your hands around it.
You should really take it seriously any time I give you advice on non-stressful cooking because I am about the last person ever who is qualified to train others on such a thing. If I can make my life less stressful, then basically anyone in the world can jump on this convenience wagon and rock their dinner time with me.
The Private Selection Brand at Kroger focuses on products that are unique, but also approachable. Basically, the stuff that people like you and I adore because we are adventurist foodies with a passion for cooking. They’ve done most of the work for us by creating these amazing marinades, and all there is left for us to do is the part of cooking.
HOW TO MAKE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
This spicy-lemongrass-marinated-chicken combination was so utterly simple and perfect. In addition to the lemongrass, the marinade is also packed with garlic, citrus, and chili peppers.
I poured half of the lemongrass marinade over some chicken thighs and put it away for a couple of hours, allowing all those flavors to come together.
When ready, all you have to do is transfer it all to the grill or a grill pan, brush some more marinade over it, and grill away. Several short minutes later, you’re going to feast on THIS:
Doesn’t that look perfect and amazing!?! I LOVE IT!
FYI: I picked up a few bottles of Private Selection’s Indian-inspired Tandoori Marinade, too, and I’m really looking forward to sharing a recipe that I made with it in the very near future. Stay tuned.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Lemongrass Grilled Chicken
- 8 whole skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Private Selection Spicy Lemongrass Marinade
- red chili pepper, sliced into thing rings, for garnish, optional
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
- Place chicken thighs and marinade in a large ziploc bag.
- Close the ziploc bag and massage the marinade around the chicken.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to grill, heat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard ziploc bag and marinade.
- Transfer chicken to grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from grill and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chilies and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
- If cooking on a grill pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken thighs for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.